Chapter Fourteen - Don't Blame Me

I drop into an alley, quickly detransforming and feeding Tikki. She takes the small cookie and dives into my pocket to hide from the world while she replenishes her energy.

The taste of Chat Noir lingers on my lips, it was fresh and sweet. Like a chocolate covered mint. The gentleness of his lips, the warmth he provided.

It... it was amazing.

I would do anything to go back and quickly relive those moments. Embarrassment floods throughout me, but I can't help myself from enjoying that whole ordeal.

I stare at my feet, unable to calm my racing heart yet again. Chat Noir has that affect on me, and I can't decipher how that makes me feel anymore. I'm in love with Adrien, right? So how could I yearn for another boy?

It feels so wrong.

"Marinette." His voice floats through my mind, soothing the storm within. I look up to see a flash of Chat Noir before he quickly embraces me. He practically flops into my arms, and I struggle to hold him up.

"Hey, kitty. It's okay, it's okay." I say softly, trying to smooth him. I hold him close, his head tucked into the crook of my neck. My face burns red hot, his breath on my bare skin making me flustered.

I need to be there for him, and to do so I need a clear mind. Now is not the time for such thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Princess. For everything."

"You saved me, what are you sorry for?" I rub his back, tensing as I feel him pull away from my touch. Did I do something wrong?

He looks at me, reaching out to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry for putting you in a position where you needed to be saved in the first place." His voice cracks, breaking my heart even more.

"Everything is okay, Chat. I promise." He stares at me, looking so vulnerable and nervous.

I stare at his lips, wanting to experience kissing him again. But it's not a good idea, especially since he kissed Ladybug, not me. And he loves someone who isn't me, and I love someone who isn't him.

However, I can't deny my attraction to him.

"I'm so happy you're okay." He says quietly, his protectiveness making me blush. He's just doing his job as a hero, I shouldn't take it so personally.

Images of him fighting for me flashes across my mind, making my knees weak. He was so passionate about protecting me, would he really react that way for anyone? Could I be... special to him too?

The idea of Chat Noir getting so worked up while saving someone else makes me feel like I might vomit, an emotion similar to jealousy washes through me. I try to shake the thoughts out of my head. He's a hero.

That's part of what I love about Chat Noir. He's good, through and through.

"Let's get you home. Your family is probably worried sick." He says after a few moments of silence.

He doesn't need to pull me into him this time, I'm tired enough that I walk into his embrace and hold him first. He stiffens before gently wrapping his arms around me in return, nuzzling his face in my hair.

A few moments later, he takes off with me in his arms, and we head back to my place.

—————
I wake up mid-day, a little disoriented from sleeping in so long. My parents didn't bother to wake me, they even shut the bakery down for the day so we could rest and spend time together.

Last night I watched them both cry. I guess there was a live broadcast of the Fake Ladybug and I up on the Eiffel Tower.

I watched it a few times over before I had to turn the TV off. Especially when the news coverage showed Chat Noir and I kissing so passionately.