Mistaken - Soukoku

"Dazai-san... Was that you singing?"

"What? Atsushi-kun! You know I can't sing! Best I do is hum the tune!"

"But... Nobody else is here and a stage phenomenon happened"

"Are you sure nobody else is here?"

"I seen everyone's Dazais... That stage phenomenon was way different and more powerful... The walls and such had colors and movement in the drawings. The glowing orbs and visuals that moved in the air..."

"I think you are mistaken... Look I'll try to sing just to show you it wants me... You guys heard my awful voice but seems you don't believe me"

"T-thats not it just... It's not the first time"

"What?" Dazai was startled by the look away "what do you mean?"

"You do it subconsciously when making a song or singing along to one. I mean everyone hears you sing your suicidal song and knows you have a voice but doesn't think nothing of it cause nothing happens but..."

"Atsushi-kun, what do you mean?"

"I have spotted it happen... I never pointed it out cause I knew nobody else saw..."

"....."

"Your Musiart allows you to cancel others right? You did it on me before"

"I..."

"Sorry I'm pushing aren't I?" Atsushi scratched his head at the look away "Everyone has there reason and I'm guessing you do too... But I don't understand why lie about not being able to sing or be one. We aren't gonna force you to get one stage and such"

"Right... Please just leave this be. You are mistaken and that's it"

"Dazai-san...  You are hurting though"

"I'll be okay, trust me Atsushi-kun"

The door then opened "Excuse me?"

"A-ah! Kyouka-chan! What's up?"

"... Did I come at the wrong time? You guys seem tense"

"Just discussing lyrics is all! Kunikida looking for us?"

"The boss is actually. A meeting that you two need to be in"

"Then let's get going. We can continue this later Atsushi"

"Okay Dazai-san"

Kyouka just raised an eyebrow as the vibe the two had. Those forced smiles... They just walked together heading to the meeting room. It was too awkward for the girl really. The demon prodigy and someone she looks up to like a brother acting similar? No, she hated it-

"Ewww!" Dazai went clinging to atsushi when they entered "why is he here!?"

"Nice to see you too" Mori chuckled "come take a seat"

"You aren't my boss" He rolled his eyes letting atsushi go "Is this about the collab notice?"

"Correct" Fukuzawa spoke "Between Atsushi and Akutagawa"

"So you want me dead?" All different reactions were given to atsushis words "Why you glaring at me!?! You literally said t yourself!"

"I rather die"

"Just cause he was your mentor too doesn't mean you follow"

"Now now boys, relax" Dazai shook his head amused "I understand that but why am I here?"

"Mentor plus you are our head non-musiart musician"

"Ahh but don't the mafia have one? His sister no less?"