10. Invasion

September 20th, 1996
10:12pm

Veronica had been staying with Tatum and her family for the past four days. Veronica hadn't ever felt so safe, she trusted this family. They were all so kind and caring.

Veronica and Tatum currently sat in Tatum's room. The two were giggling and having a good time... that was until the phone rang. Veronica had taken her baby blue telephone from her home and placed it in Tatum's room.

Veronica picked it up, "Hello?"

"Hello, babe~" The caller replied.

Veronica smiled, "Oh my gosh, hi!"

"Who is it?!" Tatum exclaimed with a smile.

"I missed you..." The caller purred.

"I missed you too." Veronica giggled.

"Who is it?!" Tatum repeated, beginning to laugh.

"It's a friend." Veronica explained, a smile creeping onto her face. She turned her attention back to the phone and turned it onto speaker so Tatum could hear, "So, what're you up to?"

"Currently planning my next kill~" The caller said in a gravelly voice.

Veronica's smile faded. Tatum looked at the phone in horror.

"What did you just say...?"

"You heard me, princess..." The caller began to chuckle.

"This isn't fucking funny, asshole." Veronica scolded the caller.

"Who said I was joking?" The caller cackled.

Veronica replied with nothing, beginning to panic. Tatum got up and ran to get her brother.

"So... I was thinking of preying on your little friend, Sidney Prescott." The caller said. Dewey crept into the room to listen.

"No! Leave her alone! Please... She did nothing to deserve that!" Veronica pleaded for her friend.

The caller tutted, "Sorry princess, I made up my mind."

The caller then hung up, leaving Veronica terrified.

"Dewey!" She turned to look at him, "You have to hurry! He said Sidney was next!" Her voice breaking as she spoke.

Dewey quickly rushed outside to his car and drove off to Sidney house.

Tatum and Veronica hugged each other, both sobbing and fearing for Sidney's life.

Just then there was a crash from Tatum's balcony window. They both looked up and there stood a tallish figure in a black, baggy costume, complete with a white ghostly mask.

The girls screamed, Tatum grabbed Veronica's hand and bolted downstairs.

The figure followed them downstairs, a shiny blade in hand.

Unfortunately for the two, Tatum's parents were out of town. So it was only them and the masked intruder in the home.

The two rushed around the downstairs area of the house, while being chased by who they assumed to be the killer.

Just then, something horrible happened. Because of the stress, both girl's palms were sweaty, within a second Veronica's grip on tatum's hand slipped and Veronica stumbled, falling to the ground.

Tatum started to run over to Veronica as soon as their hands escaped each other, Veronica mouth the words 'Call 911'. Tatum reluctantly bolted upstairs, leaving Veronica and the figure alone.

"No... Please..." Veronica sobbed hysterically, pushing herself away from the figure.

The figure crawled closer to her and pinned her hands above her head. Her breaths grew shaky, hot tears streamed down her cheeks.

The masked figure took the blade and gently dragged it across Veronica's face then down near the side of her stomach and waist, she let out a cry as the blade cut into her skin.

The figure immediately dropped the knife and raised its gloved hand to her side.

She cried uncontrollably and kicked the intruder off of her. She quickly got herself up and ran upstairs to Tatum's room.

She pounded on Tatum's locked door. "Tatum! Let me in! Please!"

The door unlocked and Veronica dashed inside, locking the door once she was in.

Tatum grabbed Veronica and pulled her into her closet.

The two girls held each other closely, quiet sobs escaping from their lips.

Banging could be heard on Tatum's door, but they wouldn't dare exit that closet until sirens could be heard from outside.

As soon as they heard the sirens they both ran outside and into the custody of the policemen.

Both girls spoke in hysterics and were soon driven to the police department.

When they arrived they were both given tea and jackets. Veronica's cut was dealt with.

They both held onto each other, not letting go. Then Dewey arrived.

They both stood up, "Is Sidney okay?!" Veronica cried.

Dewey took off his hat and looked at his feet, "We were too late..."