23. Here, In My Arms

June 27, 1998
3:12pm

For days Veronica rarely left her room, she only went out to use the bathroom, she was in mourning. Stu would deliver food to her door. She loved Mickey, he loved her...

"What's wrong with her?" Stu asked.

"She's upset over that stupid bastard..." Billy growled, his arms tightly crossed, "We should've just taken her with us that night..."

"I don't know man... Maybe they would've suspected her too..." Stu replied.

"Shut the fuck up." Billy spat and shoulder checked Stu as he walked past him.

Billy cleared his throat as if to call out to Veronica, but he changed his mind and went into his room instead.

Stu sat down with his head in his hands, what were they gonna do?

They had the girl they obsessed over with them, just in the other room, but at what cost? She was depressed and traumatized.

It was their fault, too...

But then the door opened, and out she came.

Billy quickly jumped up and went out into the hall.

"Hey... guys..." She said, shyly.

"Hey, Ronnie." Stu grinned.

"So um... I don't really have any clothes..." Veronica said, looking down at her bloody tank top and flannel shorts.

Billy and Stu looked at each other and ran into each other's rooms, trying to grab clothes for Veronica to wear.

They both ran back out at the same time with a pile of clothes, pushing and shoving each other out of the way. Veronica giggled.

Billy glanced up at her, he hadn't heard that laugh in too long. But he never forgot how it sounded.

She took a shirt and pair of jeans from Billy and a sweater from Stu. "Thanks, you two." She smiled.

"Oh, hey Veronica," Stu called out and handed her a pair onf ladies panties. "I took these from your dorm room."

"Uh, dude..." Veronica scoffed with a laugh. She swiped them from his hand and went into the bathroom.

The second she shut the bathroom door the two boys turned to each other.

"Dude, she's over him!" Stu exclaimed.

Billy punched him in the arm, "She's not over him you dumbass, you don't get over people that fast. She's just starting to put things back together. Also, what the fuck? Why did you take her fucking underwear?!"

Stu shrugged with a shit-faced grin and received a hard punch to the arm.

The faucet turned on in the bathroom.

Both boy's heads shot straight towards the door. There wasn't a lock on the bathroom door...

"Imma go take a peak." Stu grinned and bolted towards the door.

"No the fuck you don't!" Billy shouted, and tackled Stu to the group.

Veronica could hear lots of yelling and crashes outside the door and couldn't help but laugh. They hadn't changed at all. They were still the same...

"Get off me, you dick!" Stu yelled, attempting to kick Billy off of him.

"Fuck no! You fucking pervert! If I catch you peeking or hitting on her I will kill you! You hear me?! Fucking kill you!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NO!"

Veronica heard a punch land, then an "OW! WHAT THE FUCK?!" from Billy, followed by a scream from Stu. Then something falling down and shattering, that was then followed by silence and an "Oops, my bad!" from Stu.