(II) 17. People Change

June 12th, 1998
6:39am

Veronica yawned and rolled over in bed, facing her boyfriend. His features completely changed when he was asleep, they were so soft and delicate.

She smiled softly to herself then rolled back over, she peered at her clock.

Oh... shit!

"Mick! Mickey, wake up!" She shook her boyfriend awake.

He groaned and rolled over, "No..." He grumbled.

"Mickey, we slept in!" Veronica shoved him.

"God, Ronnie. You always get up an hour earlier than we need to wake up." Mickey mumbled into her pillow.

"Well, I just don't want to be late. Fucking dick." Veronica started to get up, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back down.

Mickey wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. "I love you..." He said.

"I love you too." Veronica sighed contently.

"Let's rest for a bit, okay?" He planted a kiss on her temple.

She nodded and nuzzled into the crook of his neck, drifting back to sleep.

He gently stroked her dark hair until he fell back asleep.

9:29am

Slowly opened her eyes and yawned, she squirmed out of Mickey's arms and looked at her clock. "MICKEY!"

He shot up, "God, what...?"

"We're fucking late!" She glared at him.

He rolled his eyes, "It's no biggie. I'll take the blame."

Veronica's expression softened, "Fine..." She stood up and went over to her closet, looking for clothes.

Mickey grabbed his jeans from the floor and pulled them over his boxers, buckling the belt after he did so. He still had his blue shirt on from the day before.

"Hurry up, Ms. 'We're late'." He sneered with a grin.

Veronica shot him a glare, "It's not my fault that I want to dress in clean clothes. You simply put on the same pair of jeans from yesterday and called it good."

Mickey sat back down on Veronica's bed and slipped on his shoes, tieing them.

Veronica slipped out of her pajamas and into a pair of large dark denim jeans. She pulled a white tank top over her white lace bra.

She sat down slipped on her black converse, tying the laces sloppily.

"There, now I'm done. Asshole." Veronica walked up to Mickey, who was waiting for her at the door, he smirked at her and leaned down to plant a kiss on her lips.

He picked up a large gray sweatshirt of his and handed it to Veronica. She slipped it over her head and walked out the door of her dorm room, holding his hand.

She was relatively well liked at college, girls usually smiled and said hello. But today the group that skipped class all looked at her sincerely, one girl ran up to her, "Veronica... you need to see the news."

Veronica raised an eyebrow and turned on the television, flipping through the few channel's.

The news turned on and a reporter began to explain that there had been two murders last night at the first showing of 'Stab' which was a movie based on the murders that occurred back in Woodsburrow.

Veronica stared in shock and disgust, she turned off the TV. "Fucking hell..."

Mickey locked eyes with her, a look of concern on his face. "Let's go, I need to talk to Randy..."