25. Feelings

June 29, 1998
6:31am

It had been two days since the incident in the bathroom. She hadn't eaten anything, she refused to open her door, she only left for the bathroom when both boys would leave the house.

Her stomach hurt badly, she needed to eat. But she was embarrassed, Billy probably hated her... Stu probably felt super awkward.

She laid on her bed, under the sheets, the tears cheeks on her drying as she stopped crying.

A knock abrupted from her door. She didn't move, she didn't say a thing.

"Veronica...?" Stu called from outside, "I'm gonna come in, okay?"

She heard her door open, footsteps approach, followed by someone sitting on her bed.

"Ronnie... I'm sorry." He said sincerely.

Veronica shifted her position under the covers, "You... you didn't do anything... Neither of us really did... Let's... let's just pretend it didn't happen, then everything will just be like before..."

Stu nodded, "Yeah..."

Veronica sat up and looked at him, she noticed a big bruise under his left eye. She had the feeling it may have been from a certain brunette haired boy.

Stu got up and left her room, "You haven't eaten, have you..." He sighed. She nodded, "I haven't..."

He offered her his hand and she took it. She was still wearing the same clothes from two days ago.

"You get Billy, yeah?" Stu asked.

She nodded and opened the door to Billy's room. She found him sitting on his bed. His fingers intertwined with each other, resting at his forehead.

She swallowed thickly and took a deep breath, "Billy...?" He didn't move. He stayed completely still.

She went and sat down beside him. He shot up and walked out of his room.

She took in a shaky breath and sighed, she got up and followed him out of the room.

Stu handed her a beanie, which she put on. "Let's go," He said.

She followed the two boys out of the house, they were surrounded by trees and moss. It was beautiful outside.

Billy opened the gate and walked towards the van. He unlocked it and hopped into the driver's seat.

Stu jumped into the passenger seat, Veronica opened the doors to the back of the van and got in.

She curled up into a corner and held her knees to her chest. She felt afraid.

Billy was mad. He wouldn't even look at her. Stu took it well, but she knew Billy hadn't.

The car was driving for about an hour before it came to a permanent stop. Veronica heard the front doors open and close.

Stu opened the back of the van and helped Veronica out. They were at a large store.

Veronica walked along beside Stu, who towered over her. He had to have grown almost a foot taller, whilst she stayed the same height as before.

She held onto his arm for support, her cut still hurt badly.

The three entered the store, "Let's get you some clothes, huh?" Stu suggested.

Veronica smiled and nodded, she liked going shopping... Her smile soon faded as her reality returned to her.

She hadn't really thought about it for a little bit... Mickey was dead, but he tried to kill Randy... And Billy and Stu were murderers...