18. It's Begun

She dragged Mickey along behind her, she got many looks as she raced to class.

A crowd of reporters ambushed her, shoving microphones in her face. She ignored them all and shoved her way past them, still dragging Mickey behind her.

She slowly opened the door to the class and locked eyes with Randy. Immediately, he knew something was up. He stood up and walked over to her and Mickey.

Mickey entered the class and told the professor the reason they were late was due to him asking her for help on his homework.

Veronica pulled Randy out of class and into the breezeway, "Randy, two people fucking got killed last night..."

He sighed, "Shit..."

"What if it happens again? I can't do this shit again man!" Veronica shouted.

"It's not happening again, it's just a coincidence." He started to walk down the breezeway. Veronica followed behind, upset that he wasn't seeing her point.

"Well with our goddam luck, it probably is happening again!" Veronica yelled, causing students to look at her.

"Shh! Jesus, you've really changed." Randy sighed again.

Veronica scoffed, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Senior year Veronica would never be shouting randomly, you've gotten so angry over the last year and a half, you swear ten times more than you used to, and you have a boyfriend."

"Well, people change and what does having a boyfriend have to do with me changing?!" Veronica exclaimed in a hushed tone.

"Well you didn't in high-school." Randy shrugged.

"Neither did you, nutcase." She sneered.

"Yeah, where's Randy's lady?" A snarky voice said from behind them, Mickey slithered his arm around Veronica's waist.

"Uh, she's on her way. This is my year, I will have a super hot girlfriend soon enough, you assholes."

Veronica and Mickey looked at each other then bursted into laughter, "He... He really thinks he's gonna pull some hot girl!" Veronica exclaimed in between laughs.

Randy waved them off, "You guys are just haters."

"Whatever, man." Veronica wiped a non-existent tear, "Keep on believing."

Mickey and her continued to snicker as they made their way over to an elevated grassy area to oversee the sheriff giving his statement on the murders. Randy trailed behind.

"Wait a minute..." Veronica said, squinting.

"Oh my god... this is huge." Randy looked at the large crowd of reporters, standing in front of the sheriff.

Mickey pulled out his video camera and began to tape the scene before them.

"Veronica, look. It's Gale Weathers." Randy motioned towards the reporters.

"I knew I recognized her."

"Who?" Mickey questioned, zooming in through his camera.

"Star of the Gale Weathers press conference, based on the book by Gale Weathers. Soon to be a major motion picture starring Gale Weathers." Randy explained, staring into Mickey's camera lens. Mickey and Veronica both snickered.

"She had calf implants." Randy noticed, "I'm gonna get closer." He walked off, leaving Mickey and Veronica alone.

The two glanced at each other, then turned around as they heard footsteps. There approached Hallie, one of Veronica's friends, Hallie was being followed by a group of sorority girls, "Play it cool, Ronnie..." Hallie whispered. "Oh you've gotta be shitting me..." Veronica scowled.