37. Shark Week

VadersLady
A/N: Here's that new chapter!

Veronica woke up and knew immediately it was going to be a bad week. She jumped up off the couch and saw the blood stained fabric.

Shit... Shit!

She ran into the bathroom and locked herself in. She had just finished having her period before they had taken her, she'd been there a month already.

It was then that she heard a commotion from the living room, she exited the bathroom to see a panicked Stu and Billy.

Stu ran up to her, "Are you hurt?! What happened?!"

"I'm fine, I'm not hurt or anything..." She sighed heavily and rolled her eyes, "I'm on my period..."

Both Billy and Stu relaxed and the intensity in the room faded. A look of uncomfort appeared on both boy's faces.

"God, you two are so fucking immature." Veronica groaned, "Mickey wasn't..." She mumbled under her breath.

Billy's eyes shot towards her, his tongue slithered to the corner of his mouth. "We're taking you out." He said, nonchalantly.

Veronica's eyes widened, he still cared all along. Maybe getting him jealous was her way out, mentioning Mickey would work.

Veronica walked over to Stu, while still looking at Billy then looked back at Stu.

Stu looked down at Veronica, "You need some more clothes?"

Veronica nodded, embarrassed. This was one of  the worst things that happened so far, other than her almost dying of starvation. But she'd gained some of her weight back just fine, Stu made sure of that.

-

Veronica sat in the back of a covered pickup truck. She was incredibly embarrassed, to say the least. She was wearing a spare pair of Stu's boxers (gross), stuffed with toilet paper, under jeans and a sweater.

She felt uncomfortable not being in her own clothes, especially underwear, but she'd been wearing some of Stu's for a couple weeks now. That didn't matter though, it was still weird and kinda gross. Wearing boy underwear that had been worn before was gross. Boys were gross...

In some ways Veronica was still Veronica, the same Veronica from 1996... Such as her still thinking boys are gross, but in most ways Veronica wasn't Veronica. She was someone else...

The two boys parked outside of a store, put up their hoods and got Veronica out from the back of the truck.

Both boys walked on either side of Veronica, who had her arms tightly crossed.

They entered the store and almost immediately got split up by Billy, "Stu, you go get Veronica some clothes. I'm staying with her, because you clearly don't know how to keep track of her."

Stu didn't have time to interject as Billy grabbed Veronica by the arm and whisked her off to the Feminine Hygiene products.

Billy's face turned a shade of red, he was embarrassed. Veronica had health class with both him and Stu throughout highschool, they were never able to be serious during any parts covering females.

"So um... Do you use these?" He asked, picking up a box of Douches.

Veronica looked at him in horror, "Oh Jesus, no! Put those down!" She exclaimed, her face turning red as women around them watched in confusion.

Billy swallowed thickly and looked back at the box, "Where do those-"

"You don't wanna know... Just... Let me find my stuff." Veronica huffed, walking away from him and attempting to find a familiar brand.

Billy followed closely behind her, cautiously. He watched as Veronica's eyes scanned the shelves.

"So... What'd you do for work... in Michigan?" Billy asked, desperately trying to reach out to her. He was tired of giving her the cold shoulder, he needed to be with her, to speak with her.

"I worked in a Gentlemen's Club. Thanks for digging up those fond memories." Veronica replied, her eyes not leaving the shelves.

Billy's brows furrowed, "Oh... that- that sucks..."

"Yeah," Veronica replied, "It really did... Not to mention, I had a really shitty boyfriend, whom I assumed you two killed."

Billy plastered on a weak smile, "Yeah... Yeah we might've done that..."

"I won't thank you, you know? But, I'm not saying I'm not glad he's gone..." Veronica sighed to herself, "There they are..."

She grabbed a couple boxes of pads, then turned to Billy. "Okay, I have what I need... We can go now."

"What about these ones?" He said, pointing at a box of tampons.

"Yeah, no. No tampons." Veronica groaned, a smile making its way onto her face. Billy's heart nearly skipped a beat at the sight of her smile. A smile that he made happen.

That right there was the start of healing, even if it was only a smile, it was something. And, for Billy, that was enough...