Chapter 1

From: Clingy Lisa

Girl, u're coming right? O( ╥﹏╥ )o

To: Clingy Lisa

I'm on my way. Do you need
anything? <

Y/n grabs the bag with Lisa's present and checks herself in the mirror again.

She sighs tiredly, shaking her head at what she sees. The stupid glasses aren't making it any better but in the midst of all the stress caused by deadlines and exams, she didn't notice that she ran out of her daily contact lenses. She's practically blind without them so she doesn't really have another choice but stick to her glasses.

-

Y/n really shouldn't go to that party.

It's not like she doesn't want to make her best friend happy by showing up. Honestly, Y/n would do anything to see Lisa smile, no matter how much the girl gets on her nerves at times. But Lisa's invited a lot of people from her university that Y/n hasn't met before and that makes her nervous to say the least.

Because Y/n's just- Well, she's Y/n.

She's the girl that spent her entire summer break hidden in her apartment, reading a total of ten books within a week and watching every single season of Game of Thrones on a loop.

She's not easy to get close to, simply because she's so quiet and awkward and people tend to get scared off by her cool exterior. It's gotten better since she started college but well, she's still known as the awkward one whose jokes are bad enough to make you cry.

Meeting new people is the worst. It's mostly just them trying to make small talk and Y/n not knowing how to keep the conversation going and making things so awkward that the other person usually ends up leaving with a lame excuse like having to use the bathroom.

But Y/n has her group of friends and she thinks that's enough. They accept her the way she is and assure her that she's not as weird as Y/n thinks she is for not having had a girlfriend yet in her twenty-one years of life. Y/n isn't as bothered by the fact, even if she knows that people react with strange looks when they hear about it.

It's not like people are piling up to date her anyway.

-

From: Clingy Lisa

Nah, just get your cute ass over here (¬ ‿ ¬)

To: Clingy Lisa

I almost threw up <

From: Clingy Lisa

Love you babe ★ ~( ◡﹏◕✿ )

Y/n snorts and puts her phone away.

She also makes a mental note to change Lisa's contact name on her phone (Lisa saved it like that one time she came over to Y/n's apartment and they got drunk on cheap wine and Y/n was too lazy to change it back).

-

There aren't many people around yet by the time Y/n arrives at Lisa's apartment.