Chapter 6

An hour later Y/n has spent way too much money on two more drinks she shouldn’t have had. She doesn’t even know what happened to "not going overboard" with her alcohol consumption.

Maybe it left just the way Minatozaki fucking Sana left her alone at the bar.

Jisoo appeared at one point which means Lisa’s unavailable for now. Jihyo is currently having what looks to be a very intimate conversation with a guy on the couch next to them so her only options are the others who are still somewhere on the dance floor.

Jeongyeon tried to drag Y/n with her a few minutes ago when she came to grab some drinks but no chance. Y/n’s still at least three drinks away from being up to dancing between all those sweaty bodies.

"Stupid Sana," She mumbles to herself. She should've just stayed home. Just look at her; she's drowning in self-pity once again. Maybe it's good that her other friends are busy. They wouldn't be having half as much fun if Y/n was with them.

"You okay?"

It takes Y/n a moment to realize that the question was directed at her. She lifts her head to look at the person standing next to her. "What?"

It’s a girl, probably around her age. "I asked if you’re okay."

"Oh." Y/n nods her head. "Yeah, I’m fine."

"Okay." The girl gives her a friendly smile. "Are you here on your own?"

The question makes Y/n frown warily. "Why?"

"Uh— Oh, no, sorry I didn’t mean to sound like a creep." The girl chuckles. "You just looked a bit out of it and it’s always good to have friends looking out for you."

"Oh. Yeah." Y/n nods. "No, I’m here with my friends. They’re…" She points in the general direction of the crowd behind them. "Somewhere."

The girl chuckles. She has a nice smile.

"You know who else has a nice smile?" Y/n asks without meaning to.

The girl, obviously, looks confused at the question but she plays along for some reason. "Uhm. No. Who?"

"Sana."

"Sana?"

"Mhm."

"Okay." The girl smiles at her. "Is that your girlfriend?"

"What? No." Y/n shakes her head. "I don’t like her."

"I see." The stranger laughs quietly. "What’s your name?"

"Y/n." She takes the hand that’s being offered to her. "Who are you?"

"I’m Joy."

"Nice to meet you." Y/n nods her head. "Do you, like, want me to introduce you to one of my friends?"

"What? Uh, not really. Why?"

"Cause you talked to me and all." Y/n shrugs.

Joy tilts her head in confusion. "Yeah. Because I was worried. And because I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh."

"You’re cute," Joy suddenly says. Y/n blinks at her and waits for her stomach to do that strange flip it did when Sana called her that but nothing happens.

"Sana called me cute too," Y/n says - again - without giving it much thought. Y/n decides to stop drinking alcohol then and there. It brings out the worst side in her.

Joy looks a bit let down but she shakes her head, chuckling with an amused look in her eyes. "Alright, I get it. You’re pretty hung up on that Sana, aren’t you?"