Chapter 52

It’s already so late that the streets are mostly deserted. It’s the middle of the week, people have work or school the following days so it’s not a surprise. Y/n kind of likes it, seeing the usually swarmed shops and streets empty like this.

She knocks on the shop door, shivering in her denim jacket while she waits for Sana to unlock the door. She slips inside quickly to get away from the cold and puts the plastic bag on the table while Sana locks the door again behind her.

Sana turns around and they both look at each other for a moment. Sana looks tired but apart from that, she looks good as always, soft and beautiful and warm. They start smiling at the same time and then Y/n is already in Sana’s arms, her eyes closed and taking in her girlfriend’s comforting scent.

“Thank you for coming.” Sana mumbles into her neck, arms tight and secure around Y/n’s frame. She seriously gives the best hugs, like she invests one hundred percent of her energy on making sure the other person feels loved. Y/n sure does feel like that whenever Sana touches her. “I was lonely. I get clingy when I’m lonely, I’m sorry.”

“Sana.” Y/n smiles into her shoulder, stroking the back of her head. “Don’t apologize. I wanted to see you, too.”

Sana pulls back but only enough to kiss her. Y/n sighs against her lips, tangling her hand in Sana’s hair and lets Sana press her up against the working table behind her. The warmth of Sana’s mouth and the smooth movements of her lips translate into warmth in Y/n’s belly, pleasant and tingling.

“I brought you coffee.” Y/n mumbles against Sana’s lips. “And some muffins. That’s all they had left, sorry.”

Sana groans, tilting her head to kiss Y/n again, deep and longing. Y/n hopes she can’t tell how it makes her knees go a little weak. “I love you.”

Y/n bites down on her bottom lip, hear fluttering happily and her eyes curiously looking up at Sana. It’s not like they haven’t said the words before but Y/n honestly doesn’t think she’ll ever get used to hearing them.

Sana flushes once she realizes what slipped out, clearing her throat and she takes Y/n’s hand before guiding her to the back of the shop.

Her working table is a mess but Y/n smiles when she sees that Sana already cleared up some space on the other for Y/n to sit at.

It reminds her a lot of the times when they first met, which already seems like so far in the past when really, it’s only been a couple of months.

They fall back into their routines almost naturally; listening to one of uncle’s records, humming along to the songs they know, their feet tangled together under the table.

They catch up on each other’s days, laughing softly, drinking their coffees and picking on the chocolate muffins.

When Sana groans in frustration over the amount of work she has, Y/n reaches out and gently rubs her fingers over her head, trying to comfort her until Sana looks up at her with a pout and kisses her hand before picking up her work again.

It’s nearing midnight and Y/n is trying not to fall asleep. She wants to stay awake for Sana’s sake, not wanting her to work on her own but she’s exhausted from working the early shift at the café today and she also thinks her iron levels might’ve dropped again, making her even more sleepy.

Sana notices this, so she gets up and takes Y/n’s hand, guiding her to the old couch in the corner despite Y/n’s protests. She make Y/n sits down on it and She practically curl up on her lap. Y/n sighs and gives up when Sana wraps her arms around her and pulls her against her chest.

“You’re supposed to work.”

“I’ve been here since three.” Sana yawns, rubbing her palm over Y/n’s back. “Uncle gets angry when I work more than nine hours a day.”