Chapter 49

Waking up next to Sana’s sleeping face is not something Y/n was prepared for.

She has to blink a few times to clear her mind and make herself believe that this is real and that she isn’t still dreaming.

She’s in Sana’s bed, in Sana’s childhood bedroom, and Sana is snoring softly next to her, her hair is tied with a rubber band.

All of this is real, and Y/n told Sana she loved her last night.

Her heart does an excited little jump in her chest and all Y/n can do is stare at Sana’s face like a creep for a good minute before she inhales deeply— and starts smiling.

She’s happy in a way she never thought was possible for her, no worries in her mind, no expectations of something in her life happening to take the happiness away.

She’s just lying here, next to Sana, so deeply in love with this girl it makes her heart ache, and she’s happy.

Y/n sighs and reaches her hand out, brushing her thumb over Sana’s cheek gently, over the faint creases caused by the pillow. Her eyes try to take in everything at once, like she’s seeing Sana for the first time, but that’s not true because Y/n could easily point out the exact location of the cute little mole on Sana’s neck with closed eyes.

Sana starts snoring quietly and Y/n snorts, takes her hand back before she gets out of the bed as quietly as she can. She grabs their clothes from the chair where they hung them up the night before so they could dry before she leaves the room to dump them in the laundry bin in the bathroom.

She walks downstairs after taking a shower, for the first time putting her own clothes back on which Sana’s mom kindly washed and ironed for her. It makes her smile, when she realizes that her own clothes are now smelling like Sana’s, like she’s a part of them, which she knows she’s not, but it’s nice to pretend for a moment.

Sana’s parents are once again not home, having already left for work, so she’s greeted with the sight of Minah sprawled across the couch in the living room, eating while watching TV.

It’s still raining outside, thick grey clouds hanging in the sky and the garden is scattered with leaves and sticks, something Y/n is sure will drive Sana’s dad up the wall once he sees the effects of last night’s storm.

Minah looks up at her once she notices her standing there, pulling a face. “Did I wake you up?” She points at the screen of the TV.

Y/n shakes her head and makes to sit down next to her, careful not to sit on the rainbow coloured fuzzy blanket that’s covering her lap. “No worries.”

She nods her head and for a minute, they watch what’s playing on the TV. Minah is watching some kind of documentary about sea-life, or corals to be specific. “I made myself an Acai-Bowl. There’s more in the kitchen if you want.”

“A what?” Y/n asks, peering into the bowl she has in her hands. It’s too early in the morning for her to learn about yet another weird food-trend she won’t be able to understand or find appealing.

“It’s like a smoothie but it’s more filling. It has oats and all. I can make one for you, if you want.”

Y/n’s stomach grumbles and so far, she’s forced herself to eat everything Minah’s wanted her to try, but it’s making her use the bathroom way too much. “Uhm, I kind of—“

Minah rolls her eyes. “Mom put some noodles and beef aside for you two from last night’s dinner. It’s in the red box in the fridge. You can heat it up in the microwave.”

“Okay. I’ll wait for Sana to wake up.”

They sit in silence for a few minutes and while the guy on the screen is talking about how sea-life is slowly dying because of global warming, all Y/n can think about is Sana. How Sana held her last night, how she kissed Y/n, how she said—