Chapter 44

“Hey, Y/n.”

Y/n groans and turns away from the annoying touch.

“Y/n, wake up. We gotta go.”

There’s the gentle touch on her shoulder again and when the person shakes her, Y/n’s eyes finally spring open. She blinks against the dim lights streaming inside the room, feeling disoriented.

Sana is staring down at her with puffy eyes, wearing a cardigan that looks extremely comfortable.

“Sana…?” Y/n slurs. “What are you doing here?”

Sana blinks at her and chuckles. “You’re in my house. Remember?”

“Oh… yeah.” Y/n sits up and starts to rub at her eyes until she doesn’t feel like death anymore.

“Sleep well?” Sana mumbles.

“Yeah.”

Sana hums and squints her eyes as she looks out the window. “You should get up if you want to take a shower. Dad’s starting to load the car.”

“Oh.” Y/n sits up properly which makes her slide closer to Sana, who surprisingly doesn’t move away when Y/n’s feet press up against the side of her thigh. “You should’ve woken me up earlier. I wanted to help.”

Sana shrugs. “It’s fine. He told me to let you sleep.”

Y/n stares at her, Sana’s face looking so soft and warm in the faint sunlight illuminating the room. Y/n’s heart gives a few heavy thumps against her ribs.

Sana still makes her feel so giddy.

She clears her throat and quickly slips out from underneath the covers. “Uhm… I don’t really, have spare clothes.”

“Here.” Sana points at the table on the side of the bed. “The shorts should suit you, the shirt might be a little short, though.”

Y/n picks up the neatly folded clothes, the fabric soft in her hands. “Are you okay with me wearing your clothes all the time?”

“What do you think?” Sana tilts her head and just for a second, Y/n catches sight of the old Sana there, the one that kept teasing Y/n all the time. Y/n flushes instantly and Sana seems to realize what she just did; she clears her throat and gets up from the bed. “Just come downstairs when you’re done, okay? Shower stuff is all in the bathroom.”

-

Y/n quickly jumps into the shower, hurrying so much she nearly slips on the tiles. She gets dressed just quickly, trying to ignore the fact that she’s wearing Sana’s shorts. God, she’s not twelve anymore, she seriously needs to get a grip.

Sana is sitting at the kitchen counter, slumped over the surface while she’s sipping on whatever it is she’s drinking. Y/n slowly approaches her, not wanting to startle the girl.

“I’m ready.”

Sana looks at her for a moment before nodding her head towards her cup. “Do you want coffee?”

“Isn’t your dad waiting?”

“He’s still deciding which rod he’s going to use today. It might take a while.” Sana pats the chair next to her and Y/n sighs as she sits down there.

Sana’s comforting scent is invading Y/n’s senses, and Y/n is going a little crazy.

It is like fighting against the laws of gravity, keeping her distance, staying away from Sana like this when all her body wants to do is press up against her.