Chapter 18

When Sana pulls away, it’s like she sucks the air out of Y/n’s lungs with it, because she feels like she just came up for air after staying underwater for too long.

Y/n stumbles, and Sana keeps her steady with her hands on her waist. Sana’s chest is rising and falling faster than before and it’s nice to know Y/n isn’t the only one who’s so thrown off by that kiss.

"Did Ji kiss you like that?" Sana asks after they both catch their breaths again. Her lips are brushing against Y/n’s temple.

"Definitely not."

"Good."

Sana pulls her closer and Y/n just lets it happen. Because this is Sana, annoying, sweet, caring Sana, and Y/n is kind of going crazy over her and kissing her makes Y/n want to never kiss anyone again who isn’t Minatozaki Sana. She turns her head, and that familiar scent of her is a lot stronger on Sana’s neck.

It’s somewhat comforting, and it’s probably part of the reason why Y/n isn’t freaking out.

"You always smell like Jasmine."

Sana hums and Y/n closes her eyes when she feels her run her palms over Y/n’s back, still trying to calm her down, like you would do to a scared child. "My sister does her own skin products. She’s a hardcore vegan, so she doesn’t let me use anything else."

Stop overthinking. It’s fine. It’s just Sana…

"It’s nice." Y/n says, doubting that Sana even heard her but Sana tightens her hold on her so maybe she did.

"I can give you some of her stuff. You might smell like me, though." She mumbles. "Not that I have anything against that idea."

Y/n snorts but she can tell Sana is smiling and everything about this situation makes her heart swell, like it’s just totally done with Y/n’s brain’s bullshit and wants to make the decisions for once in her life.

"I tried to stop—" Sana starts once the silence starts to get too heavy, and she tries to pull away but Y/n isn’t ready to face her yet after what they just did, so she tightens her grip on the back of Sana’s sweater and keeps her in place, close to her. Sana sighs and wraps her arms back around Y/n, shaking her head. "I tried to stop, you know. I thought staying away from you would help, but it just made things worse. I missed you."

Y/n gathers all her courage, the words almost refusing to leave her mouth. "I missed you too."

She can hear the hitch in Sana’s breath, the gentle rise and fall of her chest against Y/n’s. "Really?"

"Yeah."

This time when Sana pulls away, Y/n lets her, and her heart kind of drops when she lifts her head to meet Sana’s eyes.

"Can you tell me what’s going on in that head of yours?" Sana asks, and she looks tired, sounds a bit deflated, like she’s expecting another rejection.

The third time is the charm, isn’t that how it goes? Will Sana give up after the third time of being rejected?

Y/n couldn’t blame her, but the thought scares her more than she thought it would.

"There’s… a lot going on." Y/n mumbles.

Sana smiles softly. She brings her hand up to tap Y/n’s temple with her index finger. "What…" She licks her lips and Y/n has the urge to lean in and kiss them again. "What happens when you think of me?"

Y/n laughs, a bit hysterically maybe, because Sana looks concerned at her reaction. "I don’t know. It’s— It’s a mess. When I think of you."

"A good or bad mess?"