Chapter 19

Y/n doesn’t know why, but they end up at the gas station slash Burger King later that night because some of them (Seokmin and Dahyun) can’t go drinking with an empty stomach.

They end up buying some bottled alcohol-free drinks from the store while the others are getting their food and Sana – because she’s a child trapped in a woman’s body – grabs two lollipops for them as well.

She unwraps one of them, the watermelon flavoured one, and Y/n opens her mouth rather willingly when Sana presses it against her lips.

“Good?” Sana asks while she’s unwrapping her own candy.

Y/n nods her head. “I like watermelon flavour.”

“Oh, really?” Sana hums, making Y/n give her a suspicious look but of course Sana acts like she didn’t catch it.

It’s quite cold outside but It’s a clear night for a change; a welcome feeling after the never-ending rain in the past few weeks.

There are other people scattered around the gas station, most of them blasting music through their cars with bottles of liquor in their hands.

Sana opens the trunk of her car so they can sit down there.

“What does yours taste like?”

Sana takes the candy out of her mouth with a ‘pop’ and Y/n finds it hard to peel her eyes away from how Sana’s lips slide around the lollipop.

“Here.” She says, holding the lollipop in front of Y/n’s face.

“That’s gross.” Y/n frowns at the shiny candy even though the thought of licking something that was in Sana’s mouth makes her feel extremely weird things she’d rather never feel again.

“Y/n/n, we kissed, if you’ve forgotten.” Sana suddenly says, addressing the issue like it’s nothing. “We already exchanged saliva, so you finding this gross is a bit hypocritical.”

It rubs Y/n the wrong way, that Sana mentions the kiss so offhandedly after Y/n’s been worrying about it for so long, so she grabs Sana’s hand and wraps her lips around the candy, giving it an obscene suck that makes Sana’s jaw drop.

“You could’ve just told me it was sour apple.” Y/n says after releasing the candy again.

Sana keeps blinking at her with owlish eyes and if it wasn’t so dark outside Y/n might’ve been able to tell if Sana was blushing again. This would probably be a good moment to discuss things with Sana, to ask her if she was just joking around and wanted to see how it was to kiss Y/n but of course Y/n doesn’t ask.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Sana clears her throat and pops the candy back into her mouth, directing her gaze elsewhere, mainly the group of kids at the other end of the parking lot. She suddenly freezes and leans a bit forward, squinting her eyes. “No fucking way.” She mutters under her breath.

Y/n isn’t wearing her glasses or contact lenses so she doesn’t even try to see what she’s looking at. “What?”

“That— That girl over there.” Sana leans into Y/n’s space. “It’s Momo’s ex.”

“Which one?”

“The one in the high heels.”

“There are two.”

“The insanely pretty one!”

It makes Y/n give Sana a side glance, that same weird feeling popping up in her stomach.

“So, what’s so bad about that?”

“You don’t understand.” Sana shakes her head, oblivious to Y/n’s concerns. “Momo was crazy about her but she said she was fat for her.”