Chapter 39

Four months ago Y/n picked Chaeyoung up from home and they bought pizza on their way to Y/n’s apartment, because Chaeyoung was feeling down.

And now, it’s the morning before Chaeyoung’s graduation which means she will be gone by tonight.

Y/n doesn’t even try to deny the fact that she doesn’t want her to leave.

She’s gotten used to eating dinner with Chaeyoung, listening to her stories about school or that girl that sent her a smile across the library or teasing her for her very obvious crush on her.

Chaeyoung is packing her things when Y/n comes back from her therapy session that morning, feeling as drained and troubled as she always does after them, and she sits down on the floor next to her sister to help her fold her clothes. Y/n watches the tiny dust particles dance in the sunlight when she picks up a pair of socks.

It’s a nice day outside contrary to how Y/n’s feeling. It’s not sadness per se. It’s more like… a dull feeling of regret. She should’ve spent more time with Chaeyoung.

Maybe Y/n’s just being a little dramatic. Chaeyoung’s going to be only two hours away.

She got accepted into a college that’s only minutes away from their parents’ house, so she’s going to move back in with them.

“Did you already have breakfast?” Y/n asks after a beat of silence.

Chaeyoung nods her head. “I put some food aside for you.” She says. “Do you want me to warm it up for you?”

Y/n shakes her head, handing her a pair of sweatpants. “I’ll eat it later.”

“Do you want some tea?” Chaeyoung asks further and Y/n rolls her eyes gently pushing her away by her shoulders.

It’s been like this for a while now. Since after the burglary, to be exact.

Y/n’s been coming home to cooked meals and a few batches of failed cookies, and Chaeyoung’s basically been trying so hard to make things easier for Y/n by cooking or doing most of the chores in the house and while Y/n appreciated the help in the beginning, it’s starting to drive her crazy.

Because it’s not just Chaeyoung that treats her differently.

The members of, well, Y/N/I.P.S have started acting like Y/n is made of glass, someone who might break if they raise their voice around her a little too much.

Lisa keeps ordering pizza under her name to Y/n’s apartment, even going as far as paying for it every single time.

Jisoo gave her a bunch of self-help books and forced her into doing yoga with her in her living room. “To free your soul and ease your mind.” She said and Y/n wanted to cry a little bit when she pressed a pair of pink yoga pants into her chest.

Y/n accidentally ripped one of Jeongyeon’s favourite shirts, and under normal circumstances she’d be luck to come out of the situation alive because Jeongyeon isn’t forgiving when it comes to things like that, but Jeongyeon just laughed it off and said it was okay.

Dahyun went as far as blaming herself for ripping the shirt. “I think I tripped you. Yeah, that’s what happened.”

“Dahyun” Y/n blinked at her. “It was my fault. You weren’t even near me—“

“Nope, I definitely saw you tripping over my foot. So if Jeong’s going to be mad at someone, it should be me.”

Y/n feels more than just done with being babied by everyone, like she’s about to die and they want her to spend her remaining time in peace.