Chapter 54

Someone's rubbing her back.

There's gentle pressure on her spine. Y/n sighs as she slowly starts to wake up, arching her back to get more of the soothing motions.

She groans, pressing her face into the pillow before she forces herself to blink her eyes open. Sana has her eyes closed, breathing deeply, and if it wasn't for the massage she's giving Y/n, she'd think Sana was still asleep.

Maybe she is.

Y/n blinks at her face for a moment, and once her brain stops slumbering, she starts blushing like an idiot.

"Sana." She mumbles, squeezing Sana's side where Y/n's hand is resting on her waist. Her bare skin.

They're both shirtless.

In fact, Y/n isn't wearing anything but her underwear, which she doesn't even remember putting on last night.

Sana hums and when she sleepily opens her eyes way faster than she usually would, Y/n knows that she's been awake for at least a while already.

"Hey." Sana says, her voice rough from sleep, and Y/n's lips naturally stretch into a smile, Sana mirroring the action almost instantly.

Y/n knows her skin is flushed, and she can feel her heart jumping everywhere in excitement, but she really can't find it in herself to care.

Sana puts more pressure on Y/n's back, where was some scratches. Stopping her movements when Y/n flinches at the sudden pain shooting down her spine. "Hurts?" She asks with concern in her eyes.

"Just a little." Y/n assures her, licking her lips when Sana pulls her closer until they're chest to chest, her arm warm and soothing around her sore muscles.

"I'm sorry." Sana mumbles, nudging the tips of their noses together instead of kissing Y/n like they both want to. Maybe once they've brushed their teeth. "I'll give you a proper massage later, okay?"

Y/n just nods her head because there's no use in putting up a fight; Sana is really damn stubborn when she wants to be, just like her mom said she was.

They stare at each other for a while and Y/n finds it a little hard to breathe when she realizes how Sana is looking at her.

It looks a lot like the gaze she gave Y/n after she kissed her in front of everyone at her birthday party; kind of awed, like she can't really believe Y/n's real, and really, really in love.

"How do you feel?" Sana asks, eyes never leaving Y/n's. She's not asking about her physical well being, Y/n knows that.

Y/n brushes her thumb over Sana's hipbone, drawing tiny circles into the smooth, warm skin there. "Good."

"Good?" Sana starts grinning and Y/n pinches her, making both of them laugh quietly and snuggle a little closer.

"Really good." Y/n speaks after a moment. It must be really cold outside because the windows look a bit foggy but the sun is out, and it's making the dust particles dance in the room around them. "Better than I imagined."

She never thought that being close to another person liked that could feel like that. The thought was always rather frightening and kind of off-putting to her.

It wouldn't have been possible for her months ago; just the thought of taking her shirt off in front of someone used to scare the shit out of her.

But this isn't just some random person. This is Sana, and that's a game changer in every aspect of Y/n's personality.

So, at twenty-two, Y/n is no longer what people consider to be a "virgin".

It was nerve wrecking, but Sana was so in control of the whole situation while Y/n was losing her shit on the inside.