Chapter 5

They have to call two cabs since they’re more than ten people all together and since they can’t even fit like that Jihyo offers to drive. Y/n is getting squeezed in between Lisa and Jennie and tries not to frown too much. She hates the middle seat but she doesn’t want to complain because she almost ended up sitting in the same cab as Sana and really, anything’s better than that.

The club seems to be bursting at the seams when they arrive even though it’s still fairly early. There’s an endless line in front of it and it doesn’t seem to be moving. "Why’s it so packed?" Y/n asks.

Lisa hums. "Some kind of underground DJ’s playing tonight."

Y/n nods her head. She isn’t really familiar with that scene unlike Lisa who has a few friends who are working as rappers. Or you know, trying to make their living out of it.

"Nayeon knows the DJ." Lisa explains when they just skip the line (and earn glares from the shivering people waiting there) and Suga talks to the bouncer, pointing at their group as the man looks through the list in his hands. Y/n sighs and burrows deeper into her coat.

She turns to look over her shoulder and just happens to catch Sana smiling at a pretty guy in the line.

The girl pouts, batting her eyelashes at Sana. "Can't you get me and my friends in too? We've been waiting here for almost an hour. I'm freezing!"

"Sorry, babe." She hears Sana respond and Lisa makes gagging sounds next to her which make Y/n snicker. "You really should zip up your coat though, stay warm, you know." Sana reaches out to zip it up for him, rubbing her arms after with a kind smile.

The guy looks taken aback, probably not having expected that answer, and he blushes, suddenly not as flirty anymore.

Y/n sighs and looks away.

Suga leads them to the VIP area and Y/n thinks this is all a bit too much. They usually just get shit faced at local clubs in town that look like they might just collapse when people are dancing inside. This is way too fancy for them and she could probably live an entire week off of the money she’s going to spend on one single drink in here.

"I’ll be right back." Suga shouts over the music. "I’m gonna quickly say hi to Woozi."

Jihyo nods and Y/n shuffles to the side when she sits down next to Y/n.

"Who the hell is Woozi?" Jeongyeon asks, getting pushed away when she almost ends up sitting on Dahyun’s lap.

"The DJ," Dahyun grunts. "It’s his stage name. His real name’s Jihoon. I'm not surprised you don't know about her even though she's only the best hip-hop producer of the country."

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes and starts imitating Dahyun's voice. Then the bickering starts again.

-

From there, everyone kind of does their own thing. Jeongyeon, together with Seokmin and Momo force Dahyun to go and dance with them and Y/n doesn’t see the poor girl again after that. Jihyo is flirting with some stranger over the railing that separates the VIP area from the "proletarian" area (again, that's what Jeongyeon calls it). Suga still hasn’t come back from saying hi to the DJ even though it’s been more than half an hour and Lisa, being the good friend she is, is sticking to Y/n’s side.

Oh, and Sana is there too, of course, but that girl didn’t even bother coming to sit down with them in the first place; as soon as they went inside she started eyeing up some guy who’s been clinging to Sana ever since. Y/n ponders on switching seats because right now, she has perfect sight on the bar, where Sana is currently standing with said guy.