Chapter 31

Y/n turns the lights on once they step into the apartment, and while this isn’t the first time she’s alone in here with Sana, it’s the first time she’s so aware of Sana’s eyes on the back of her head as the younger follows her.

“Where’s Chaeyoung?” Sana asks, standing rather awkwardly in the open space between Y/n’s kitchen and living room.

“She’s staying over at her friend’s place.” Y/n says, turning around to face her properly. “They’re working on their final project for school.”

Sana nods her head, giving a small hum.

They look at each other for a few tense seconds, the ticking from the clock on Y/n’s kitchen wall suddenly sounding louder than ever.

A smile tugs on Sana’s lips, and just like that, all the tension is gone, and Y/n finds herself smiling back at her.

“Please stop looking at me like I’m going to rip your clothes off.” Sana sighs a moment later.

Y/n leans back against the kitchen counter and clears her throat. “I’m sorry. Didn’t mean to.”

“I wouldn’t do anything you’re not ready for.” Sana says, her voice gentle and her tone serious and something is just different about her tonight, not that Y/n could exactly pinpoint what it is.

She’s always been careful, always made sure that Y/n felt comfortable with everything they did, but Y/n is just more aware of every admiring look Sana gives her, and how genuine her words sound.

Y/n has rarely ever felt so cared for in her life.

She really hasn’t. No one’s ever treated her the way Sana has.

“I know.” She finally says, moving away from the counter and towards Sana instead. She takes Sana’s hand and pulls her closer. “I know you wouldn’t.”

Sana nods, staring into her eyes. “Good.”

Y/n squeezes her hand. “Are you hungry?”

“I can always eat, if that’s what you’re asking.” Sana purses her lips, smiling when Y/n laughs.

“I’m just asking if you want anything before we go to sleep.”

“Nah, I’m fine.”

Y/n nods and pulls Sana towards the bedroom.

“Y/n, are your hands always this cold?” Sana asks quietly, holding Y/n’s hand a bit tighter in her own.

“Yeah.” Y/n looks down at her pale fingers. “My feet too.”

“But is it uncomfortable for you?”

Y/n shakes her head as she turns on the lights of the bedroom. “My hands sometimes kind of hurt but it’s medically okay, so. I don’t really care.”

“I’ll keep them warm. I’m always warm.”

She really is.

Y/n snorts and let go of Sana’s hand. “You’re really cheesy tonight.”

“Not just tonight.” Sana says, watching Y/n move around the room. “I usually just control myself around you so you won’t freak out.”

“Why not tonight?”

“Because… you’re making me lose control.”

Y/n turns around and gives Sana a blank look before shaking her head. Sana laughs and apologizes but Y/n shrugs her off when she tries to hug her.

It’s pretty late by now and Y/n feels the exhaustion from the day settle in her bones, her eyes starting to shut on their own.

Y/n rummages through her closet for a while until she finds a shirt that might fit Sana and doesn’t even bother looking for pants, since the shirt is already gonna reach upto her mid-thighs. She finds one spare 99 cent toothbrush in a pack of ten in the cabinet under her sink and has no idea who bought and placed them there or what happened to the other nine of them.