Chapter 16

To Sana:

How are you? <

Y/n’s thumb hovers over the little paper plane symbol of the chat for a good minute.

It’s been a month. A whole month, and a few days more.

Y/n… she misses her.

A month should be enough, right? It can’t take that long to get over those fleeting feelings Sana thinks she has for Y/n, right?

So why is Sana still avoiding her?

Y/n stares at her phone screen for a few seconds longer, her eyes hurting from the brightness of it in her otherwise dark room.

She deletes the message and locks her phone, letting it fall on her chest with a sigh.

Maybe she’s got it all wrong. Maybe the reason Sana doesn’t want to talk to her isn’t because she isn’t over Y/n yet, but because she is.

Because she tried to make a move two times and Y/n rejected her both times and Sana understood that there’s no point in trying anymore and that she has better things to do than to chase after some girl that isn’t even worthy of her attention if she’d just stop and think about it—

Yeah, Sana probably – finally – did just that.

This is probably for the best, anyway. This way Y/n will get over her stupid feelings as well, and everything can go back to normal.

-

“Whose birthday is it anyway?”

It’s a Friday night; Y/n had an eight a.m class this morning and only got off work an hour ago before Lisa appeared in front of her apartment to drag her to some kind of birthday party.

“Jisoo’s best friend,” Lisa mumbles, pulling over to where Jeongyeon is waiting with Dahyun and Seokmin. They get into the car, barely greeting them since they’re too busy arguing over something Y/n doesn’t have the energy to try and ask.

“Why am I here, then? I don’t even know this person.”

“Because he told Jisoo he wants to meet my friends, since I already met Jisoo’s. He’s really cool, I think you’ll get along.”

Y/n sighs and leans her head back. She checks her phone and looks at the selfie Chaeyoung sent her from the movie night she’s having with the dance club at her school, Tzuyu behind her doing a dab. It’s a pain to look at; she didn’t think people were actually still doing that.

“Momo just texted me,” Seokmin speaks up after a while. “They’re there too.”

“Nice! Feels like we haven’t seen them in ages.”

There’s a spark of hope in Y/n’s chest, which quickly turns into something uglier; like fear, because Sana probably doesn’t want to see her and Y/n actually doesn’t really want to see her either.

“Shouldn’t we bring that guy a present or something?” Dahyun asks.

“We’re bringing ourselves. Isn’t that enough?” Jeongyeon sounds genuine with her question, which triggers yet another argument among the three in the back seats.

Y/n leans her head against the cold car window, doing her best to blank out the nervous churning of her stomach.

-

It’s a house party, nothing huge. The house is huge, so whoever’s party it is, their family must be well off. The amount of guests is too big for Y/n’s liking too; it’s not enough to feel cramped but more than she can count and that’s too much for her liking.