Chapter 56

"What are you doing?"

That night, Sana walks into Y/n's apartment to find her girlfriend sitting on the floor, surrounded by newspapers and magazines and cut out pieces of paper-slips. "Looking for coupons. Wanna help?"

Sana gives her a confused look before she shrugs and sits down next to Y/n, only leaning in to kiss Y/n's cheek, effectively making them both smile and sit a little closer to each other.

"What for?" She asks, taking the smaller scissors Y/n hands her. "Do you need money?" Sana asks with concern in her eyes and Y/n quickly shakes her head.

"It's not for me." She explains. "Lisa is... she's kind of having a rough time."

"Oh." Sana nods her head and picks up a newspaper that looks untouched. "I can give her some money, you know. That's no problem."

"I offered, too but she doesn't want it." Y/n closes the magazine and puts the scissors down. Her neck and back are stiff and her fingers are numb from cutting so much. "I feel kind of bad, Sana. I've been so busy... with my own problems and she's just- she's been skipping meals and I just didn't notice. She's always there for me but I'm not there for her."

Sana frowns and puts the scissors down. "Hey, no. That's not true. You're a good friend, Y/n. You're only human. If she kept it from you, you had no way of knowing."

"I don't know. I should've noticed something was wrong."

Sana looks a little devastated that she can't seem to make Y/n believe her. "How many coupons did you find?"

Y/n turns around to pick up the tiny stack of coupons, shrugging her shoulders. "Not many. I only found five and I had some at home but most of them are already expired."

"We have a few at our place." Sana says. "Momo brought them home last week, they're definitely not expired yet."

"But they're yours-"

"Lisa's our friend too, Y/n." Sana gently shakes her head. "Besides, Momo received a lot of money from her family for Christmas, so we're good for now."

Y/n gives her a smile. "Okay."

Sana smiles back ten times brighter. "That's the spirit!"

"I'm going to bring these to her later. I wanted to go grocery shopping for her first, if you want to come."

"Sure, let's go." Sana gets up quickly, helping Y/n up by grabbing her hand. She takes Y/n by surprise when she lans in and kisses her deeply, enough to make Y/n all flustered. "You're an amazing friend, Y/n. Lisa definitely agrees, so don't think otherwise."

-

Momo meets them at the grocery store after Sana texted her about the coupons and Y/n feels like Momo dropped everything just to bring them those coupons.

"Sorry if you had plans." Y/n mumbles while she loads the basket Momo is holding.

"Nah, I was taking a nap." Momo shrugs. "I'm happy to help."

Y/n turns and smiles at her and Momo grins in return and Y/n's glad they're back to normal. She still feels like Momo doesn't trust her entirely, and she understands, but she hopes they'll get over it one day.

-

When they show up at Lisa's place with two bags of groceries and their stupid coupons thirty minutes later, Lisa's first reaction is to get mad.

"You told them?" Lisa mutters, glaring at Y/n who tries really hard not to roll her eyes. "Are you fucking kidding me, Y/n/n?" She's so angry she looks like she's ready to punch something but Y/n knows Lisa would never hurt her.