Chapter 12

7 signs you’re crushing on someone.

Y/n’s palms are sweating as She sits in front of her laptop on the floor of her bedroom.

It’s dark, her face only illuminated by the screen.

After trying to fall asleep for two hours without success, her mind being too much of a mess to calm down and her stomach in knots because She’s going to see the source of her distress tomorrow night again, Y/n decided to put an end to this.

She’s being ridiculous. There’s just no way Y/n’s fears are justified. She’s just confused; that’s all.

So what if She’s googling “how to tell if you have a crush” at one o’clock in the morning… that doesn’t mean anything.

She sighs and opens the link, her eyes flickering over the words.

One: You find yourself counting down until you see each other again.” She reads.

That’s a no. It’s the exact opposite, actually. Y/n dreads the moments She knows She’ll come face to face with Sana again.

Well, so far so good.

Two: You think about them a lot.” Y/n leans back against her bed, a frown etching itself on her face. She wouldn’t say She thinks about Sana much; more than that, She just worries about their weird interactions and the girl’s intentions with Y/n.

Three: You primp before you see them.”

What the hell? No.

Four: You wonder what they think of you.”

Y/n swallows nervously. She… doesn’t. (She fucking does. Next.)

Five: You think they are wonderful.”

What kind of generalized statement is that? She’s never thought of Sana being wonderful. The closest thing Y/n can come up with is her being slightly overwhelmed by how good Sana is treating her sister. Other than that, Sana mostly just makes her snort because She’s being an idiot who sends Y/n pictures of literally everything She finds remotely fascinating, like last week when Sana cut a grape in half and it ended up looking like a smiley face (Y/n honestly thinks Sana is a puppy disguised as a college kid).

Six: You get nervous before you see them.” Y/n reads out loud, and She immediately feels something weird in the pit of her stomach. She gulps and scrolls down some more.

Seven: You secretly hope they will ask you out.”

Well, that’s already happened, right? Sana asked her out; Y/n rejected her. And no, She does not want Sana to ask her out again. Absolutely not.

She really just wants all these confusing feelings to go far away from her and never come back.

Y/n shuts her laptop and slides back into her bed.

That did not help at all.

She doesn’t have a crush. She’s never been interested in a person like that and even if Sana does make her feel a certain way, She’s not about to start now.

-

Chaeyoung is staying over at Tzuyu’s place for the weekend. Y/n can’t take her to Jihyo’s birthday because of all the asthma triggers, so it’s convenient that the girls were planning on studying together for exams.

“Do you have your puffer?”

“Yes, mom.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes, starts chuckling at the frown She receives from Y/n. “I’m not leaving the country so stop worrying.”