Author's Note and Update

Hello everybody. I'd want to dedicate a post to the future of this book and what's to come. I know I've been inconsistent in updating the book and generally inactive on Wattpad during the last few years.

I posted a statement on my page about my conflicted thoughts about the book. As much as I appreciate everyone's engagement in and reading of the book, this was merely a recreational book for sheer enjoyment and amusement. In my previous post, I mentioned that I would formally announce that the book would be put on hold and possibly discontinued. Yet, due to conflicting emotions, I am considering retracting that statement. To be honest, the book still has active readers today. As a result, I've decided to post an official update to reach a larger audience and keep everyone up to date on my opinions. Concerning my page announcement, I discussed some of my recent thoughts about wrestling in general.

To restate, I began working on this book in the summer of 2017. As of the spring of 2023, I have developed and changed as a person in many ways. My interests have evolved and changed over time and continue to do so. WWE and wrestling have been among such interests. My interest in entertainment gradually decreased as the years passed and I discovered new interests. My interest in the sport has dwindled as I've seen talent come and go and the brand evolves in a direction that didn't appeal to me. As a result, I felt the urge to end the story. When I made my initial announcement, I had four drafts from 2021. I have since published two of the four. I'm considering whether to trash the other two or edit and publish them to formally end this book. But, I've recently had a creative burst and renewed passion for writing. This is where the conflict in feelings comes in.

To be honest, I haven't watched a wrestling event or broadcast since the summer of 2020. Every few months, I engage in Tumblr posts, and I recently played a few hours of WWE 2K23. My little brother is a wrestling fanatic who is frequently involved in the media, so I still have some understanding of the business in terms of current affairs. While I don't want to completely abandon writing about the subject, I honestly don't think I can do the fanfiction and drabbles justice. I don't want to make mediocre and half-assed fanfics since I'm no longer as invested in the subject. But, at the same time, I'm still inspired to write for the book.

At the moment of writing, I'm inspired to create a Roman reigns drabble. I intend to release that chapter in early April. What about the book's future? I have a few ideas. The fundamental concept I have is to open up requests from you all, to obtain ideas and inspiration for writing to help fuel my urge. While I want to be more active on the app, I don't want to overburden myself. This has therefore enabled me to create a writing schedule, which is subject to change, but for the time being, I may try to update the book twice a week or at least 5 times a month. This schedule will hopefully be a good beginning point for me, since I believe it is attainable while also still allowing me to complete my other responsibilities, such as schoolwork. Another point of contention for me is whether or not to finish this book or keep updating the new writing in the same book.

This dilemma is still being resolved, and I would appreciate your input. On the one hand, keeping this book updated would make it easy for both old and new readers, as many people have probably saved it to a reading list or library. And it would simply save me time from having to create a new book cover and book from scratch. But, I'm not sure how many people feel about books having nearly 100+ parts. For a variety of reasons, this has prompted me to consider starting a new book. While I risk not having the same audience and engagement by starting a new book, there are several variables to consider. One major reason for creating a new book from scratch is the continual change of wrestlers. While WWE has released and continues to release talent, this book feels out of date, as the majority of the individuals I have written for have left the business. I believe that starting a new book would be slightly more realistic. Another motivation is to just update the appearance and overall story aesthetic. My third reasoning is that a new beginning would allow me to feel more at ease. A fresh start may help with my creativity because seeing fewer chapters will not overwhelm me, though I have no problem with the number of parts in general. Another explanation is simply my writing style. My writing has significantly improved over the span of nearly 6 years as I worked on this book. Reading back at some of the older chapters makes me wince and feel embarrassed. And, while I know I can fix the bits, it feels like it's erasing my faults and concealing my progress.

As a result, getting some outside opinions would be extremely beneficial in making a decision. Yet I've contemplated writing for certain people who aren't now affiliated with the company by indicating the era in which the drabble or chapter is situated. But, this is only a consideration. I'm not sure how to end this post, so I'll simply leave you with a photo and the idea of the two chapters that have been drafted. I hope you all have a wonderful day or night whenever you see this post, and that I keep my word. Chao, my lovelies.

Drafted Chapters since early 2021

Xavier Woods Imagine

Like Father, Like Son (Shinsuke Nakumara Drabble)