First ( Drew McIntyre ♡ Reader)

"Mama. Can you say 'mama?' Ma-ma!"

"Mmm-mm-"

"Mama. So close, my love! Come on, say 'mama!'"

"Mmmm-pbbthhh!"

Y/n wrinkled up her nose and swiped the sprayed spittle off of her face with her arm, casting a look of bemused doubt at her daughter's charming face.

"You're fighting a losing battle, you know."

She looked up to see Drew leaning against the doorframe, handsomely arrogant in his repose. He had that smirk on his face-the one that almost always made Y/n question whether she wanted to smack him or kiss him in order to remove it. Normally she went for the latter option, but there were times he enjoyed testing her limits on that theory.

Carefully, Y/n set their daughter back down onto her play pad. Instantly the infant reached up to grab one of the many plush stars that dangled from the arch of the pad. It jingled and crinkled as she squeezed and shook it in her small but mighty fist. Her chubby legs kicked ferociously with excitement.

"It's going to be her first word. I know it will be," Y/n argued quietly. She may have been speaking as much to herself as she was to Drew.

"I have to politely, and affectionately, disagree, sweetheart."

He took a seat on the padded floor beside her, crossing his long legs with ease. Y/n watched him for a moment as he smiled down at their child. To see such tender love in his face and to know it was as fierce and everlasting as her own filled her heart with warmth. Their child would never know loneliness, or a life without love.

"And why is that?" She asked, deciding that yes, she loved him enough to take his bait, for the millionth time.

"Because," he answered simply, "her first word is going to be dada."

"Like hell it is!" Y/n cursed.

Drew raised his eyebrows, staring pointedly in her direction.

"Oh! Sorry-like heck it is," she corrected herself and gently rubbed the small belly of her daughter. "You didn't hear that, did you, my little love?"

Their daughter babbled at her toy.

"That will not be her first word!" Y/n bantered, pointing her finger at him.

"Oh, but it will be," He smirked, and kissed the tip of her finger. "Trust me."

She pulled her hand away and narrowed her eyes at him, though the corners of her mouth fought off a smile.

"She's been trying to say mama for days now. And in all that time, she hasn't even said so much as 'da', which is a pretty common term for babies," Y/n said matter-of-factly. "So what makes you so confident?"

"Who said anything about plain old confidence?" Drew quipped. "Maybe it's just an intuition."

"Well, your intuition is wrong."

"Is it? I had an intuition about you once, you know. And it turned out to be right, even though you doubted it."

"That does not apply here! Are you trying to use our love story to win this argument?"