Like Father Like Son (Shinsuke Nakumara Drabble 🖤)

Summary-Just a simple Shinsuke drabble

Shinsuke watched as his son mumbled softly  to himself, as he beat the eggs,making sure he didn't attempt to eat any. He had given his son the small task as he dealt with the more complicated steps. You had gone out for a lunch with your friends to celebrate your birthday before you had a special meal with Shinsuke. 

  "Do you think your mum will like this?" Shinsuke asked his son, who eagerly nodded, as he watched Shinsuke stir the mixture in the bowl. Shinsuke turned to pour the cake mixture into the pans. Quickly he turned when he heard a thud. Laughing he watched as his son, now covered in flour, played with the flour that spilled onto the kitchen surface. Picking his son up, he laughed as his son placed a flour handprint on his cheek.

  "Oopsie?"His son said softly as he pointed to the floor,looking back at Shinsuke.

  "Yup,Come on, let's get you cleaned up. Your mum will kill me if she sees you like this."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Right." Shinsuke spoke, placing his hands on his hips, watching as his son moved his attention to him. "Your mum is expected back in 30 minutes, I expect you to decorate this cake without getting a drop on your clothes. Deal?" He gave a giggle, as his son just stared back, reaching out for Shinsuke to pick him up. Placing his son on his hip, Shinsuke brought the cake out of the fridge.

  Placing his son on the countertop again, Shinsuke placed two ingredients in-front of the 1 year old.

 "Which one? Chocolate or strawberry?" Your son babbled and awed at the flavors before reaching out to grab the chocolate. Shinsuke gave a chuckle, ruffling his son's black curly hair.

"You're exactly like your mother, never go for the healthy option."

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you think?" Shinsuke asked his son, holding out a finger with a small dollop buttercream. Tasting the buttercream your son let out a giggle

  "Good?" Shinsuke grinned before starting to spread the buttercream on the cake. Soon, a familiar thud was heard, Shinsuke turned to see a similar sight of his son playing with the icing sugar.

"Again?" Shinsuke laughed as his son threw his hands down, making the icing sugar puff up. Picking up his son Shinsuke soon got covered in icing sugar as his son decided his dad needed to match him.

"Come on, we need to finish this." Shinsuke laughed as his son squirmed as he piped the words 'Happy Birthday'.

"I'm home!" You shout kicking your shoes off at the doorstep before placing your keys in the bowl next to the door.

"In the kitchen!" You heard Shinsuke shout followed by your son babbling along,followed by a cute 'Momma' and clapping.

"Oh my god." You gasped as you stopped dead in your tracks as you came across the scene in the kitchen. It resembled a war zone. Your son sat on the counter top, barely recognisable, covered in icing sugar. Shinsuke matched, icing sugar covering him head to toe, as if to sign his masterpiece, you could see your son's sugary handprint on Shinsuke's cheek. Shinsuke wore a guilty smile on his face, as he rubbed the back of his neck.

You only smiled walking over to the two boys,as your son hide his face with his hands and Shinsuke looked down.You took some icing off Shinsukes nose,and looked back at the kitchen  "You taste good,But What happened?" You asked, giggling,no longer able to contain your laughter

"We made a cake." Shinsuke spoke, drawing your attention to the masterpiece of a cake that had somehow manage to come out of the disaster zone unscathed.

   "Did you make this Handsome?"You teased as your son crawled closer to you with icing in his hand. You pushed his nose as he nodded proudly and began laughing.

  "Happy birthdway." Your son exclaimed,before laying across the counter to play with more icing.

Laughing you turned to  peck Shinsuke on the cheek after wiping some sugar away. 

"Thank you. Go clean up, I'll clean the kitchen." Placing a kiss on your son's forehead you giggled as you watched Shinsuke carry him to the kitchen, tracing icing sugar through the house.