Sunshine(Elias Samson ♥ Reader)

Imagine playing around on the guitar while thinking Elias isn't home,but instead getting a huge surprise

It was another casual Saturday in the home. I had my coffee in one hand while the other was busy typing the article on my laptop. My roommate Elias was upstairs getting ready to head to the gym. It was kinda our weekly routine,Saturday was just our time to move and do anything freely escaping our tight schedules. With him being a wrestler and gone most of the time and me being a journalist and spending almost all my time in the workplace,it was rare we ever saw each other.

I took another sip from my coffee eyeing him carefully as he walked towards me. Soon I found him standing across the table from me observing my "workspace". He smiled before striking up a conversation.

"I swear all you ever do is drink coffee and use your laptop. Ever thought about actually leaving the house for once? Maybe going out with me to wander around town?"he questioned eyeing me down. I shrugged continuing to type away ignoring his comment.

"Listen, I would but I really need to get this article done with as soon as possible. Maybe later we could hang out."I muttered still glued to my laptop,waving him to leave. I felt him roll his eyes before heading out the house.

Finally time has passed, and I finally finished the article. I checked the time to see it was almost noon and I was still in my pajamas. I closed my laptop with relief and decided to get dress. As I walked out my room,I noticed Elias had left one of his guitars outside his room. I picked it up and instantly acted as if I were him.

I knew he wouldn't mind me touching his guitars,seeing we've known each other for years. We only recently became roommates 6 months ago,after I got a job in journalism not far from his house and I already spent most my time there anyway. It wasn't like we dated or anything just really close friends. Although sometimes Elias sees it other ways than I do and vise versa.

I plopped down onto our couch,setting the guitar into my lap. I smiled playing a few cords I learned when I was younger. It's been years since I picked up a Guitar,and honestly I don't quite know why. It's like a secret hobby at this point of my life. It felt natural and relaxing strumming the strings,listening to every note that I made. I admit,I was a little rusty but picked up my mistakes easily.

"Let's see here."I mumbled to myself as I soon was playing the first thing that popped in my head. Soon I was playing the cords of You are my Sunshine best as I remembered by Johnny Cash. It instantly bought me back to my grandparents house every weekend. I remember singing along to my grandma as my grandpa strummed along on his guitar.

Soon I was lost in the melody and tune ,remembering what it was like to be carefree and not have to worry about any responsibilities of life. Remembering what it was like to be a young child still being exposed to the wonders and ways of life. I felt emotionally connected to the song,and all I can do is just hum along and imagine my grandfather's voice

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know, dear, how much I love you" I sung lowly to myself,feeling a hint of peace and nostalgia singing the song. It was like the lyrics were my remedy,taking me into a eased state of mind,fully unaware of reality.

As I playing away and silently humming to myself forgetting about the reality around me,Elias stood behind the couch listening to me play. Although I didn't notice his presence I first it was clear he was at awe, seeing me doing something besides typing for once. Soon he made his presence known when he hummed along to the song with me and sang the next lyric of the song.

"I'll always love you and make you happy
If you will only say the same
But if you leave me to love another
You'll regret it all some day" He sung proudly with the ususal hint of arrogance in his voice,placing his hands onto my shoulders. His sudden touch and presence caused me to become startled of course,and flustered. I felt my face grow red as if it were the eye of a stovetop. All I could do was hold the guitar and stare at my roommate before me. He stared back at me with a smirk on his face as he leaned against the couch

"Uh-I-I- I....You shouldnt do that to people Mr.Samson,its quite rude and disrespectful."I said breaking the silence between us. All he did was snicker to himself as I stuttered to even say the sentence

"Oh,my apologizes Darling,but it seems you have something that belongs to me,"He paused gently lifting my chin up to see my embarrassed reaction. His touch and expression was gentle as if he were admiring my features. My face grew more red by the minute as he continued "So the real question is,who is the rude one here?"He continued as he still had arrogance in His voice.

I sighed and brushing off the question,placing the guitar down beside me and crossing my arms. I deliberately looked up at him regaining my confidence and admiting my faults. "Listen Elias,I admit I shouldn't have tooken your stuff without your permission. But can you blame me for actually doing something besides working?"

"No I can't. It's just I wonder how you managed to keep this beautiful voice and talent hidden from me for so long.."He started trailing his hands down mine and intertwining our fingers.

"Maybe you just never took the time to figure it out Maestro,"I smiled as our faces were inches from each other,eyes locked on one another,hands still intertwined. I felt the tension between us each wondering what the other was thinking,the passion upon each other's eyes. But before Elias could even realize what was happening I quickly pulled away smiling before continuing "But that's besides the point. So about us hanging out?" I said distracting myself from the situation.Elias now flustered, took awhile to regain consciousness before smiling and nodding.

"Oh uh....Sure I guess" he muttered lowly grabbing his guitar and confused upon his emotions.

"Okay meet me here in 45 Sunshine,we could grab lunch."I smiled nudging my roommate,before walking away to get ready. I knew that moment sparked something between us,bringing us closer it seemed but I'd rather let it happen naturally on Its own than rush into it then and there. Maybe we could be more than just good friends but clearly not right now.