Training Shenanigans(Adam Cole♡Reader)

As requested by @Shay_Marie Summary-A training session with Mr.Cole Himself

As you stood in the ring in the middle of NXT performance center,you couldn't help but sigh drastically getting impatient by the minute. It was Saturday afternoon,as you were waiting for your good friend Adam to help train you like he promised. You checked your phone to see if there was any missed calls or text,but all you say was nothing. You decided to give him the benefit of the doubt leaning against the ropes.

It was like almost a weekly routine,as when you first got to NXT Matt bloom had you work together as you both had similar fighting styles. At first it was pretty awkward and distressing but after doing it a while it became like a weekly ritual as you guys always took time out your tight schedules to see one another to train.

It seemed like 15 more mintues passed,as you soon started to get tired of waiting for Adam. Still leaning against the ropes watching some other superstars train with Matt,Adam stealthily crawled inside the ring knowing you'd be annoyed that he was late once again. He smirked slightly,as your attention was turned to the otherside of the room not noticing his presence. Soon he found himself wrapping his hands around your waist and lifting you up above him as you gasped outta shock,as he performed a german suplex on you laughing.

"Adam!"You gasped out,landing on your feet as you quickly managed to flip yourself as he released you. You crossed your arms and frowned as he stood up still laughing. You shook your head glaring as he finally calmed down and smiled at you brightly.

"What Y/n? Don't give me that look. It's part of training."He teased wrapping his arm around your neck. You pushed him away already done with his goofiness,and rolled your eyes.

"Oh really?"

"Yes because an important tip you should know is that you never turn your back in the ring,never. It's like the most important thing ever. Never turn your back on your opponents or rival,and especially your teammates. Can't trust them either."He quickly made up as you could only snicker at his answer. It was moments like this which fueled a friendship between you guys as neither of you could ever be serious and always thought of ways to make simple task more entertaining.

"Yeah,yeah whatever. But just so you know I hate you cole."You muttered walking to the ringpost furtherest from him as he gave a sarcastic gasp.

"No you don't Y/n. You love me."He teased winking at you before throwing his jacket towards you. You only glared as you hated when he teased you."And I know you love me,I can tell just based off the way you looked at me."

You laughed as you gave him a fake look of disgust and rolled your eyes at his comment. "I do not Adam. But if you consider my glares as my way of saying I love you then, I loooovvvee you sooooo much."You said sarcastically exaggerating and putting emphasis on the word love. He only stared at you with a frown not finding your comment funny at all.

"If you hate me so much,then why even bother training with me every week?"He smirked stretching slightly as per usual. You shook your head as you jumped off the ringpost and starting stretching.

"Because I look forward to spending my days beating your ass."You teased earning a chuckle. He looked up at you with a familiar stare as he took his place in his usual corner of the ring. You knew the look a little too well as he was hinting for you to prove those words true to him. Smiling you paced to your corner,getting ready to have a quick sparring match with Adam.

"Oh really....then lets see what you got then Baby. I'll consider kissing you if you beat me."He flirtuously teased as he leaned against the ring post. You only nodded in agreement before responding.

"Wanna take those words back,as this will be a easy win for me. I say you have to be my personal Chauffeur and have to do all my errands for the next 2 months if I beat you."You answered as Adam shrugged.

"Deal,but if I beat you like always you gotta buy me drinks after every show for the rest of the year and go out with a date with me"He answered agreeing to your bet. You nodded in agreement as you shook hands making the deal final. You smiled to yourself knowing that Adam's Arrogance will get in the way as he often underestimated your wrestling abilities at times. But you always never let the moment pass to prove him wrong.

"Ima go easy on you,BayBay."He teased winking at you as you could only roll your eyes. You had experience wrestling males in the past and they all did the same thing,going easy on you and ending up being shocked as you began performing.

"Whatever Adam,just remember that when I start kicking your ass."You replied smiling as he gave you a cocerning look with your confidence. As you paced around the ring each studying the others movements trying to see whom woukd strike first you smile as you already found Adam's weakness.

It started off with you aimlessly swinging strikes at him first,and him of course falling for it as he dodge and shook his head in disapproval. He told you off not noticing you were actually tiring him out and weaking him down as he finally dodged another weak strike and smiled.

"You need to do better than that if you wanna meet your goal." He said mockingly,bouncing in and out of in front of you,taunting you like a child. You only smirked knowing your plan was falling into play, as you narrowed your eyes and spun,hitting his shoulder with a well-aimed roundhouse kick. Adam bounced back with shock in his eyes and a slight yelp.

"I've been wanting to kick your ass all week."You retortes as he massaged his shoulder. He whinced as he finally caught on to what you've been doing. He gave you a teasing glance before lunging himself towards you,and put you into a grappling hold. The two of you went back and forth for a while,hitting your marks 9/10 times.

You bounced back,nearly dodging a punch aimed for your stomach. Adam lunged forward,sneakily tripping you onto your back and pinned you to the ring at. Still in shock you opened your eyes to see Adam inches from your face smiling as he had you pinned under his body and expected you to give a sigh of defeat. One hand was behind your head which absorbed most of the blow ,as his other hand was on the side of you keeping him up.

Thinking quickly you smirked and leaned forward placing your lips softly against his,earning a slight gasp from Adam. He closed his eyes becoming more invested into the kiss as he slowly pressed his body into yours as he made sure he didn't crush you but still was above you. You took this chance to roll over and pin him against the mat before putting him into a quick Armbar on the same shoulder you worked on wearing down,making hin tap out in defeat.

"I win."You teased sticking your tongue out at him as he rolled against the mat massaging his shoulder gently. He looked up at you glaring slightly before pulling you back onto the mat with him,pulling you closer to him as he wrapped his arms around your waist pouting.

"You sneaky little bastard. I must Admit though that was pretty clever. But I think I owe you something."He muttered as leaned forward to kissing you softly,earning a small smile from you. Before you can respond Matt Bloom interrupted you guys,causing you both to pull away embarrassed.

"Impressive reversal and moves Y/n. I'll tell Hunter about maybe getting you in the title shot. But could you 2 please try to keep flirting to a minimum and less making out."He lectured as you only nodded,while Adam shook his head in annoyance.

"Yes sir."You replied watching Matt walk away.

"Wanna continue this in my room or yours?"He teased as he turned back to you. You giggled shaking your head pushing him back as he tried to move closer to you once more.

"Not uh Adam. I won so I think you should get the car ready,as your driving me around for the next 2 months."You winked mockingly before walking away leaving Adam groaning in annoyance in the ring.