Damian Priest One-Shot 💜

Summary: Requested Story A Damian Priest One-Shot jayneclaire23

Damian Priest had always been a fighter. In a profession where the superstars had to put their bodies on the line for 300 days a year, he faced countless opponents in the ring. He constantly pushed his body to the limits every time he stepped between the ropes. But it wasn't always glory and triumph. There was a time in his life where his biggest opponent that he could never beat was..himself.

In coming up into the wrestling world and chasing his dreams, Damian struggled in many aspects of his life, bouncing from job to job, and struggling to make ends meet. He struggled financially and stayed from being homeless to his own self-image and body weight. The people he associated with weren't any better, telling him he'll make it eventually or he was fine as he was. As he tried and found success in wrestling, he could feel himself slipping back into old habits and old friends. Until he met Y/n.

Maybe it was your warm smile or genuine attitude, but Damian felt a genuine infatuation towards you. You two met when he worked one of his bouncer jobs in New York, as you went partying with your friends after a long week of exams and finals. Not feeling the vibe of the music or the ambiance of the lounge, you decided to chat up the cute bouncer near the front. Hours went by and the two of you developed a mutual bond of understanding, as the conversation came easy. Once your friends decided they wanted to go bar hopping, you left your number with Damian and gave him a few words of encouragement, leaving his heart swelling with pride and love.

Since that night, the two of you became good friends as you continued to pursue your degrees in photography and journalism, and Damian pursued his dreams in wrestling. Finally finding the courage to better himself and having you as his anchor, he found better friends and connections and wrestled in the indie scene. In the following years, you found yourself being by his side in every aspect of his life, watching him reshape his life for the better and pushing him to be the very best. Even in the moments when he reached his lowest or had urges to give up, you were right by his side to be his words of encouragement and push him to keep going.

"You know Y/n, because of you I haven't given up yet. You have truly become my inspiration." He spoke, as the two of you lounged in his hotel room after his final audition to join NXT. You had flown out to visit him and support him, opting to share a glass of champagne and drink to his accomplishments. You could only smile and roll your eyes back at his sentimental comment, realizing how far you watched him truly come since you guys first met years back.

"Aww shucks, Damian. Don't get sappy now. But in all seriousness, I'm proud of you. You've come so far, and I know you can only go up from here. Plus I promised I'll be here every step of the way." You smiled, taking his hand and intertwining it with yours, reminiscing on every milestone you both shared, big and small, always having each other's backs.

"But I mean it, Y/n. I know I say this a lot, but I mean it more than ever when I say you're the reason I am where I am today. You have been one of my best friends, my anchor, and my inspiration for a while now. I don't know where I'd be without you."