Chapter 6: Meeting

Kimiko's POV:

I cursed under my breath as I hurried through the opulent halls of the vampire palace, a constant latecomer to every occasion. The weight of anxiety settled over me as I approached the grand entrance to the throne room. Taking a deep breath, I paused to compose myself before stepping inside.

Just as I was about to catch a glimpse of his face, my heart skipped a beat, and I stumbled forward. Panic surged through me as I lost my balance, hurtling toward an embarrassing face-plant. But in a miraculous twist of fate, strong arms caught me, preventing my fall. Slowly, I raised my head, tears streaming down my face, revealing the face of the one I thought I had lost forever.

As he gently lowered me to the ground, our eyes locked, and time stood still. His mesmerizing sapphire blue eyes and lustrous blond hair held me captive. Words failed us, but the shared realization that we had found each other alive spoke volumes.

Glancing over at my mother, a surge of anger coursed through me, and memories of the day she shattered my world resurfaced. She had informed me that our family had perished, including Yuu and Mika. I turned my gaze toward her, my expression seething with animosity, before rising swiftly and rushing toward her.

"You said he was dead!" I screamed, my fury reverberating through the room. My mother met my outburst with a slight giggle, and Ferid joined in, his amusement evident. Tears continued to cascade down my cheeks as I turned my attention back to Mika, my closest friend, who stood there silently. He was alive... but what did it mean?

"Tell me! Tell me what truly happened to my family! Where are they?" I shouted, and Ferid's smirk widened at my words.

"Well, Kimiko, what else was I supposed to tell you? That your entire family had been brutally slain, leaving only little Mika behind? If I had revealed that, our little charade would have been ruined," my mother taunted, wearing a sickly smile. Hurt and betrayed, I stared at her, while Mika remained by my side in silence.

"Tell me!" I insisted, my voice trembling with anguish. "What really happened to our family?"

Mika, with a look of warning in his eyes, moved swiftly, pinning Ferid against a wall. "No. Don't," he said, his voice laced with visible distress. Ferid, however, persisted in his provocation. "Ah, but Mika-kun, how else will she learn? That-" Mika interrupted him, forcefully pushing him further into the wall.

"Aww, Mika, don't mar the exquisite walls of my throne room," Krul chimed in, her curiosity piqued as she observed Mika with an inquisitive gaze. Irritated, Mika released Ferid, who dusted himself off, flashing me a dazzling smile. "As I was saying, I'm the one who ended their lives," he grinned.

"No..." I whispered, my eyes shifting toward Mika, who averted his gaze, consumed by shame. Overwhelmed by sorrow, I felt my strength wane. I turned toward the window sill within the throne room and, without hesitation, leaped onto it, fleeing the scene. Mika's voice trailed after me as he called out, his sadness palpable, and he followed me outside.

I made my way down to the desolated city of Sanguinem, seeking solace within one of its ruined buildings. Anguish consumed me, and I began pounding the wall relentlessly until I finally crumpled to the ground, overcome by

tears. Mika entered the room, taking a seat beside me. Through my blurred vision, I looked at him, my tears flowing freely.

"Kimiko, I..." he began, but I swiftly cut him off. "Did you know, Mika? Were you aware that our family was slaughtered by that... that monster?" I questioned, my voice breaking, my confusion evident.

"I-I was there," he confessed, his head hanging low. I turned toward him, awe and sorrow mingling in my heart, my sobs catching in my throat, my hand covering my trembling mouth. He looked down at me, his eyes heavy with regret and sadness. "Our family was massacred by Ferid, and the only one who escaped was Yuu," he finished.