Chapter 11: Shinjuku

Yuu's POV:

~ Shinjuku ~

As our team finally reaches the battlefield, joining Guren's team in the fifth district, we witness him locked in combat with a blonde-haired noble. Meanwhile, a white-haired vampire noble observes from a distance. The noble seems to be gaining the upper hand against Guren, prompting Shinoa to urge us to take our pills and save Lieutenant Colonel Guren.

We swiftly consume the pills, readying ourselves for battle against the noble. "Let's Go!" I shout, charging into the fray with excitement, determined to avenge my family's death by destroying the vampire responsible.

"This is it, human," the vampire grins, thrusting his sword into Guren's chest. I freeze at the sight, yelling in anger. The vampire turns towards me in surprise, whispering something before I impale him with my sword. As he falls, a vampire girl rushes towards us with incredible speed.

"Yuu...?" the vampire girl whispers, shocking me.

At that moment, I realize the monster I just killed was... Mich.

I'm paralyzed, unable to move. No, Mich died. Ferid killed him, along with my entire family. "What are you doing!? Hurry, use your cursed gear and finish it!" Guren shouts, but I'm stuck, unable to act. The vampire girl approaches, checking on Mich, and then I realize it's Kimiko...

Kimiko's POV

~ Shinjuku ~

Oh no, I watch as a human soldier plunges his sword into Mika's chest. I rush to him, determined not to let some human kill him after just finding him. "Look at me," I say, touching Mika's face, but he gestures towards the human behind us. Turning, I see...

Yuu? He looks at us in shock. I quickly guide Mika to safety with Ferid while Yuu checks on his friend. As I set Mika down, I rush back to Yuu. "Are you alright?" I ask, concerned, but Yuu ignores me.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you killing this monster?" Yuu shouts. He stands there, shocked, and looks at me, still in disbelief. I take a breath, then return to check on Mika.

"Why are you here, Kimiko? I told you this battle was too dangerous," Mika says, annoyed, clutching his wound from Yuu's attack. "I know, but did you really expect me to stay behind while everyone else was in battle?" I reply with a slight laugh. Mika looks at me, annoyed, then back at Yuu. I turn and see Yuu surrounded by his companions, engaged in a heated conversation.

"What's happening, Yuu?" one of them asks, concerned, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Mich and Kimiko... they..." Yuu speaks slowly, shocked and speechless. "What do you mean?" another friend asks. Yuu takes a deep breath. "Two of those vampires... are part of... my family."

I turn back to see Ferid and Mika arguing. "As Krul has turned both you and sweet Kimiko, I'll turn Yuu into a vampire. Then all three of you can be together forever," Ferid laughs, provoking us. Mika and I threaten him, but Ferid continues until someone yells, drawing our attention to Yuu.

"Are you both Mika and Kimiko?" Yuu shouts. I hear a chuckle from Ferid as he disappears and puts his hand on Yuu's shoulder. Mika and I rush over, and Mika chops off Ferid's arm while I bare my fangs at him.

I approach Yuu with a smile, while Mika stares at him in shock. "Mich... Kimiko?" he asks. I nod slowly, tears streaming down my face. "Yuu..." Mika whispers. We hug Yuu, sharing a moment of pure happiness.

Mika's POV:

~ Shinjuku ~

We look at each other, tears in our eyes. I finally have both Kimiko and Yuu with me. I must protect them. "Yuu, forget everything and run away with me!" I say urgently. Kimiko looks at me as if I'm crazy, and Yuu stares at me, confused. "Run away?" he asks, puzzled. He won't understand; the humans have fed him lies.

"Just listen to me!" I yell, staring at Yuu intensely. "Mika, he can't just leave everything behind. He has a human life," Kimiko interrupts. I shake my head, ignoring her, and lift Yuu, carrying him away from the battle. Kimiko follows, shouting, along with others behind us.

"Kimiko! Mika! Yuu!" voices call out, growing fainter as we distance ourselves. "Hey, slow down! What's going on, Mich?!" Yuu yells from my arms. "You're being manipulated by humans!" I tell him.

"Mika, how are you so fast? What's happening?!" Kimiko shouts. "Hey, stop for a moment. What do you mean?" Yuu questions. I ignore them, continuing to run. But when I ignore him, he pushes away and falls to the ground, caught by Kimiko.

"I'm being used by humans? What nonsense is this? Wait, are both of you..." Yuu trails off, looking between Kimiko and me in confusion. Kimiko looks down, embarrassed, and I turn away. He steps closer, examining our faces. "Are you both... no longer human?" he asks, shocked.

We remain silent. "Is it because of me? Because I ran away?" he asks, tears welling up. Kimiko looks back at Yuu with concern. "No, Yuu, don't blame yourself for us. It's not your fault," she reassures him.

"I'm sorry, but I can't leave with you guys. I have people here," he responds, angering me. "No, we're your only friends. Don't be deceived. The humans are using you! You have to see that!" I shout. Kimiko touches my shoulder, urging me to calm down. "Mika, we can't force him. He has his own life, new friends, a new family," she says, trying to be optimistic but clearly saddened.

"Kimiko, you know the truth. Why are you agreeing with him? You've been waiting to see him," I say, confused by her sudden kindness. "Yes, but I'm relieved just to see him alive after thinking he was dead all these years. We can't ruin his life for our happiness," she explains slowly.

Suddenly, a loud scream from the battle interrupts us. But whose scream is it?

~ Comment! Vote! Read! ~