Chapter 10: My Family

Mika's POV 

~ Shinjuku ~

And as soon as we had found the cities weakest point of defense we brought in the troops to prepare for battle. Ferid and I stood on top of a building overlooking the city. "We're being watched." He speaks suddenly with a slight smirk on his face.

"We are?" I question, confused at his words, looking towards Ferid.  "Oh, don't mind me, I'm just talking to myself," Ferid speaks with a cheery voice attempting to change the subject. "By the way Mich, you sure you don't want their blood. It's awfully tasty."  Ferid says while licking his lips, I then turn my head towards the rest of the vampires, who spend their time killing the surrounding humans.  

My eyes sharpen on the blood that trickles down the neck of a dying human. The blood is calling me, alluring. My body goes into a deepened pain and I quickly turn around and start breathing heavily. Ferid looking to me with a slight chuckle. "Shut up, it doesn't concern you." I spit annoyed.  

"This is war Mika-kun, if you don't drink then, you'll become weak. The laws of drinking a humans blood only applies to those in the vampire city, not here." Ferid says with a hint of lust, as his focus is zoned in on the humans below us. 

"But didn't you break that law, when you drank my blood?" I say in awkward breaths,  looking towards him ."Ah Mich, don't say such disgraceful things and anyways weren't you the one who begged me to drink it? And you also did steal my gun and map." He speaks with a witty tone and a grin. 

"You toyed with Kimiko and me, making us think we had a chance at happiness  and freedom for our family, but instead you killed them." I say as I can feel my anger increase.

"Oh, well you're a vampire now, yet you're still angry about the past? That's very unhealthy Mich." He says intrigued and with a slight laugh. 

"No, I'm angered at how I was powerless I was and I couldn't protect them." I then jump off the ledge and begin to walk towards the human camp. "Blaming yourself like always. By the way.....the remaining human, of your family, Yuu Hyakuya, are you going to protect him? Or let him die like the rest of your family."  I ignore his comment about Yuu and continue to walk away. 

I know that I'll find Yuu soon and when I do, I'll make sure the humans will never use him again. And so Kimiko will finally be happy and we'll all be a family again. 

-----------------------------------

Yuu's POV:

~Shinjuku Outside~

It had taken us several days to get to Shinjuku, but when we did it was a long waited time moment. I'll finally be able to kill some more vampires and get revenge against the vampires. 

"We've finally arrived." I say looking towards the on coming battle field.  I look up towards the big wall, that protects Shinjuku from the outside world.  Suddenly a loud boom comes from the inside of the walls and we quickly enter the city. 

"Emergency there's a vampire attack and the western defensive wall is under siege, please evacuate all citizens and non military personal."  A loud PA goes off throughout the city. 

"There are a large number of vampires gathering around the city they are entering from the west wall, and an ongoing battle is occurring in the  fifth district.

"That's where Guren is, he needs us. We're heading there first." Shinoa says and we begin to run towards the fifth district. And on our way to the fifth district, we had encountered in several attacks from vampires.