Chapter 23: Confused

Kimiko's POV:

~ ?? ~

I wake up in what I believe to be Yuu-chan's room. Across from me, he's peacefully sleeping on the couch. I contemplate whether to wake him or let him rest. After ten minutes of deliberation, I decide to allow him to sleep undisturbed. I dress in the clothes provided by Mitsuba and Shinoa before leaving the small apartment.

Navigating the unfamiliar corridors of this mysterious facility, I encounter numerous guards and other people. I greet them with a smile and a wave before continuing on my way. Suddenly, I spot a familiar face accompanied by someone who shares my hair and eye color.

I wave to them, but they both pause, their expressions tense. The one with black hair brandishes a weapon, pointing it at my head, while the other freezes, shocked by my presence.

"Ahhhhhhh...." I scream in fear. "Please don't hurt me! I haven't done anything wrong, I promise! Just don't hurt me, please," I plead, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Enough acting, vampire," the black-haired individual asserts, the sword at my head not wavering. I look to the other, silently pleading for intervention.

He meets my gaze and instructs the black-haired one to lower his weapon. "What are you doing, Shinya? She's a vampire," the black-haired person protests.

"She seems different from before," the white-haired boy observes.

"What is a vampire?" I inquire, confusion evident in my voice. They exchange bewildered glances at my question. "Are you serious?" the black-haired boy retorts.

"What do you mean, what's a vampire?" I ask, genuinely perplexed. "A vampire is a creature that drinks human blood, killing them and spreading chaos," the white-haired boy explains.

"Well, they sound terrible and evil. I could never be one of them," I express my disgust. Before I can further defend myself, a hand grips my shoulder. I turn to see Yuu-chan.

"Oh, hello, Yuu-chan. These people have been quite rude to me," I remark, irritated by their assumptions.

"Guren, she has amnesia. I doubt she poses any threat if she doesn't remember who she is," Yuu explains.

"Who am I? What's going on?" I interject, feeling a surge of confusion and anxiety.

I can't remember anything about my past, my identity, or if I was a good or bad person. The accusations of being a vampire perplex me even more. Who am I? What is happening to me? The uncertainty swirls within me, leaving me feeling lost and bewildered.

Yuu's POV:

~Imperial Amry Headquarters ~

"Please, Shinya, there must be another way. Kimiko is your sister; there has to be a way to save her," I implore, disappointment evident in my tone.

"There is a solution that doesn't involve her death. We can keep her under guard, make her join a Moon Demon Squad, and task her with defeating the vampire queen, Krul Tepes," Shinya proposes, his expression serious and determined.

As I prepare to voice my agreement, Kimiko interrupts, "What do you mean by my brother? Do I know you?" Her confusion is palpable as she extends her hand for a handshake.

Shinya reciprocates, but Guren forcefully slaps Kimiko's hand away. "Ouch, why did you do that?" Kimiko protests, a hint of pain in her voice.

"A vampire like you shouldn't even be alive, let alone touch a human," Guren retorts angrily. "Stop calling me a vampire!" Kimiko's frustration escalates.

Before Guren can respond, Shinya intervenes, "Guren, she's now part of our team. Leave her alone." Guren glares at Kimiko and me before storming off in frustration.

"I apologize for his behavior," Shinya says with a smile before departing. Kimiko turns to me, her eyes filled with curiosity.

"Why does he keep calling me a vampire?" Kimiko asks, her confusion evident.

I hesitate, unsure if I should reveal the truth about her past and her identity. I'm torn between wanting to protect her from the harsh reality and feeling that she deserves to know the truth. The uncertainty leaves me feeling conflicted.

Should I tell her the truth? Does she need to know about her past and her true nature? Or should I shield her from the pain and confusion? Right now, all I can sense is her overwhelming confusion.

Mika's POV:

~ Shibuya, Human City ~

Navigating the sewers of the city triggers painful memories of the past, particularly the day my family was killed due to my mistakes. "Mika, focus. We need to find Kimiko and get out of here," Haruhi's voice snaps me back to the present.

I look at her and nod, determined to push aside my regrets and focus on the task at hand. We press forward until we find a clear path leading into the heart of the city. As we approach the exit, Haruhi stops me, her expression filled with concern.

"Mika, I know you're struggling with what happened to Kimiko and being here brings back painful memories, but you need to stay focused," Haruhi advises, her words resonating with understanding.

I nod silently, acknowledging her words, and continue toward the exit. We emerge into the city, and I immediately recognize the building where Yuu resides. "We need to reach that building without drawing attention," I assert, pointing toward Yuu's place.

"We have to find Yuu; he may know where Kimiko is," I add, my determination fueling my words. Renge and Haruhi nod in agreement as we set our sights on reaching the building discreetly.

Finally, I have a chance to save Kimiko and reunite with Yuu. The prospect fills me with hope and determination. However, our mission is quickly interrupted by a soldier's voice shouting, "Stop right there, vampire!"

Before I can react, something strikes me, and my vision blurs. As I struggle to stay conscious, I catch a glimpse of a figure with white-silver hair and aqua eyes. Could that be Kimiko? Then darkness envelops me.