Chapter 21: A Deal

Renge's POV: 

~ Unknown ~

"You're Renge, the 7th progenitor. I thought you were murdered?" the girl uttered in fear.

"That was a long time ago. It's nothing you'd ever understand simple girl." I replied, picking up my sword from the ground before continuing on my way.

"You're also Ferid's sister!" the girl exclaimed. The mention of my brother's name froze me in place.

"I'm no one's sister. Not anymore." I declared coldly, my gaze fixed on the floor. The noble boy next to her walks closer towards me in confusion, clutching to his sheath of his sword.

"Why aren't you with the council?" the boy inquired.

"I was exiled."

2 Years Ago:

Haruhi's POV:

"Altert! Alert. The vampire king, Alucard, second progenitor has been attacked. All military personal to the palace immediately." Blared the city speaker.

"What?" I listened intently as Lucas and I rushed through the streets of Sanguinem toward the palace. As we learned more about the king's demise, panic set in, urging us to hasten our steps. Upon reaching the palace, we found dust on the throne, a grim testament to the fallen king's absence. Despite our desire to approach, the royal guards halted our advance. We watched as Krul Tepes investigated the scene of the king's death.

"Who would have done such a silly thing?" she inquired softly.She quickly directs her attention to one of the nearby guards looking at him with both anger and curiosity. 

"W-w-we don't know," one of the vampires stammered nervously. Krul's menacing glare silenced him before she flung him to the ground, demanding answers. "Who has killed Alucard? I demand to know you pathetic creature." She shouts stabbing the guard in the chest. And with his final breath she whispers. "Renge."

~ Today ~

Renge's POV: 

"You were the one to kill Alucard?" The boy stares are me bewildered. "That's what they think, but it's useless attempting to fight it." I respond with a slight acknowledgment. 

"After they found me, I was sentenced to death. But my brother, Ferid, found a compromise for me to live. I was exiled instead."

"Ferid has mentioned you to me a couple of times." The boy speaks with blatant resentment towards him. 

"So, you're the orphan boy my brother talked about. Well, you're rather different than I expected," I remarked with a hint of amusement.

"What did you expect?" he retorted, clearly annoyed.

"Oh more Ferid in you I suppose. But my real reason for talking to you is: What is it that you want?"

"I'm here to save Kimiko." He responds quickly.

"The vampire princess has been taken by the humans. How amusing." I speak with a slight giggle.

"Well, you know, if you did help, we could possibly negotiate your return to the rankings," he suggested, flashing a grin. I contemplated his proposal. If I assist in saving the princess and regain my rank, I can finally exact my revenge against those who sought to eliminate me.

"Sure, I'll help you, boy. But you must bring me back with you to Sanguinem." I respond quickly. 

"Okay," he agreed, and we set off toward the human city, Shibuya.