Chapter 25: Lost

Mika's POV:

~Shibuya, Human City~

Confusion and disbelief tangle in my mind as Kimiko's words hang in the air. "I don't know who I am or who anyone is, for that matter," she says, her tone laden with uncertainty.

My brows furrow deeply. "What do you mean?" I ask, struggling to grasp the weight of her revelation.

Kimiko's gaze drifts, as if lost in distant memories. "Mika, I died," she whispers, her voice barely audible against the backdrop of bustling city sounds.

The shock hits me like a physical blow. "What?!" I blurt out, unable to comprehend how Kimiko could be standing before me if she had indeed died.

Yuu, usually composed, speaks quietly. "Guren stabbed Kimiko through the chest when she lost control. She turned to ash but then returned without any memories," he explains, his words adding layers of surrealism to an already bewildering situation.

I look at them both, searching for answers in their eyes, finding only intensity mirrored back at me. "What are we going to do?" I finally manage to voice the question hanging heavily in the air.

"Well, she doesn't have her memories, but she retains skills like vampire combat, taught to her by the army," Yuu says, his voice tinged with concern.

"But we need to get her back to Sanguinem before she loses control and becomes blood-crazed," I interject, my worry for Kimiko's well-being evident in my tone.

"I know, but how can we hide her memory loss from the vampires?" Yuu's brows knit together, reflecting his inner turmoil.

Kimiko interrupts our deliberation, her eyes reflecting a mix of concern and urgency. "Before we delve deeper into Kimiko's memory, we should get Mika away from the humans," she suggests, her voice tinged with a newfound clarity amidst the confusion.

"Kimiko, you just referred to them as 'humans'," I point out, a glimmer of hope flickering in my chest at this small sign of progress.

"I did?" Her eyes widen in surprise, a hint of recognition dancing in their depths. "Yes, are your memories returning?" Yuu's question hangs in the air, a beacon of possibility.

"I don't know, maybe?" Kimiko's uncertainty is palpable, but there's a thread of confidence woven through her words. "Before we discuss Kimiko's memory further, let's get Mika out of here," Yuu decides, his tone betraying a sense of urgency.

Nodding in agreement, Kimiko and Yuu lead me into a dimly lit area, where a hidden sewer passage awaits. "We'll come back for you soon, Mika," Yuu promises as they depart, leaving me alone in the quiet darkness, pondering the mysteries of memory and identity.

Kimiko's POV:

~Shibuya~

Stepping out of the sewer with Yuu, I find myself pondering the unfamiliar names of Haruhi and Renge that Mika had mentioned. As we approach the Moon Demon Company headquarters, a chance encounter alters our course.

Bumping into a girl, I quickly apologize with a soft giggle, trying to ease the tension of the accidental collision. "It's fine, I tend to be clumsy," she admits nervously, her eyes darting around.

"Don't worry; it was my fault. I'm Kimiko," I introduce myself with a warm smile, hoping to lighten the mood.

"Hi Kimiko, I'm Luna," she responds, a shy smile tugging at her lips.

Returning her smile, I offer a polite bow. "It was very nice meeting you, Luna. I hope to see you around sometime," I say warmly before entering the Moon Demon Company headquarters with Yuu.

The next morning unfolds with a sense of routine mixed with uncertainty. Waking up to find Yuu still asleep, I take the opportunity to enjoy a long, hot shower, relishing the moment of peace.

After preparing breakfast for Yuu and setting it on the table, I pause to observe him sleeping peacefully. Ever since I've been living with him, I've noticed his kindness and understanding. Why does he treat me so well. Who was I really to him before this?

I am a vampire. The thing he hates the most in the world and he still treats me with so much kindness. I don't understand his motives?

As Yuu sleeps, I find myself lost in thoughts about my past and the new revelations about my vampiric nature. The conflict between my identity and the expectations of those around me weighs heavily on my mind, creating a constant internal struggle.

Deciding to visit Shinya, I make my way across the city, navigating through the bustling streets with a mix of apprehension and determination. Arriving at the army headquarters, I can't shake off the stares of disdain from those around me. This world is unfair. 

Yuu's POV:

~Shibuya~

Awakening to the aroma of breakfast prepared by Kimiko, I feel a sense of warmth and gratitude. Despite the uncertainties of our circumstances, her thoughtfulness remains a constant source of comfort.

After enjoying the meal she prepared, I dressed in my army uniform, wondering about Kimiko's whereabouts. Venturing out, I make my way to the army headquarters, a place buzzing with activity and tension.

Upon arrival, I'm immediately drawn to a heated argument between Kimiko, Shinya, and Guren. Their voices echo through the halls, filled with conflicting emotions and unresolved tensions.

"Let's calm down and find a compromise," I suggest, trying to diffuse the escalating conflict and bridge the divide between them.

Shinya's neutral stance surprises me, but Guren's animosity towards Kimiko remains evident. Stepping in, I guide Kimiko away from the confrontation, seeking to avoid further conflict.

"Why were you arguing with Guren?" I ask Kimiko, concerned about the underlying issues driving their conflict.

"Because he threatened to kill me," Kimiko reveals, her frustration and fear spilling out in a rush of emotion.

Authors Note:

I'm thinking about possibly posting my Tokyo Ghoul/vampire knight cross-over. But I'd like to hear what you guys think. Lemme know down in the comments!!