Chapter 18: Decisions

Yuu's POV:

~ Imperial Demon Army Headquarters ~

As I stride through the imposing corridors of the headquarters, Guren's presence intercepts me, his demeanor grave.

"Hey, Yuu, I need to talk to you," he intones.

"What do you need?" I respond, my curiosity piqued.

"You have a personal connection with the vampires, right?" Guren inquires, his gaze penetrating.

"Yeah, why?" I reply, sensing the weight of his inquiry.

"Would you mind talking to them for me?" he requests, his tone earnest.

"Sure," I agree, acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

It's a perfect opportunity to talk with Mika and Kimiko, to create a new plan so they can escape. Within this moment Guren departs, leaving a trail of questions in his wake. Without delay, I convene with my team to strategize a new escape plan.

~ Shortly After ~

"Shinoa, Guren wants me to talk to Mika and Kimiko to gather information about them and the other vampires," I divulge to my comrades.

"What should we do now?" Kimizuki queries, his brow furrowed in concern.

"I think we should let you go talk to them," Shinoa suggests, her tone serious and resolute.

"And we also need to get them out of here before they lose control," Kyato chimes in, his voice tinged with urgency.

"I know. We have to get them out soon before anyone gets hurt," I assert, determination etched in my expression.

With minds ablaze, my team and I deliberate, coming up with a number of schemes and strategies to free Mika and Kimiko from the clutches of Shibuya. Just as our plans begin to take shape, I'm beckoned over the announcement speaker to meet with them.

Exiting the room where my team deliberates, I tread the path to the interrogation room. Guren stands at the door, ushering me forward. As I step inside, my gaze falls upon Mika and Kimiko, ensconced at the table before me.

"Kimiko, Mika, it's good to see you again," I greet calmly, masking the torrent of emotions swirling within me.

"Hi, Yuu," Mika responds, his demeanor a mix of surprise and apprehension.

"What do you want, human?" Kimiko retorts, her voice brimming with animosity. I rise from my seat, compelled to confer with Mika in hushed tones.

"Why is Kimiko behaving like this?" I inquire, my voice barely above a whisper.

"She's decided that losing control is the only way out," he responds solemnly, his gaze unwavering.

"Why? Why would she do that?" I press, grappling with the weight of his revelation.

"I think the shock of finding out her brother is alive and being trapped here for so long has affected her," Mika explains, his words laden with empathy.

"What do we do now?" I inquire, the weight of responsibility settling upon my shoulders like a leaden mantle.

"I don't know," he confesses, his voice tinged with uncertainty. Stepping back from Mika and Kimiko, I settle into my seat once more, steeling myself for the interrogation.

"So, what do you know about Lord Ferid?" I question, my tone measured and deliberate, yet beneath the surface, a maelstrom of emotions churns.

Kimiko's POV