Chapter 2

The Emperor came back earlier than expected in the palace. His two son's we're called to meet up with him and gather at the main palace where he resides to have a lunch meal together.

This rarely happens in the palace. For the children this usually happens whenever they did not well enough in some of their studies as they recalled and both are in worry.

Guests in the palace we're all called off out the palace as what was the Emperor ordered when he came back stating he needs to have lunch with only his children.

Minho didn't actually mean for anyone to leave he just casually told Andrew the butler of the Emperor his thoughts yet somehow the eerily peaceful meal long table is too quiet that Minho swears he could hear his own nervous heart beat. It dawned to Minho to find answers too to his current weird situation and also earlier with the general so now while he patiently waited for his children at the lunch table he momentarily closed his eyes to get some views on the Emperor's past memories after a few minutes he understood now what went wrong with his acting skills.

Minho wanted to punched himself as he acted to stoic or at times casually kind that the Imperial citizens in this era misunderstood.

"That was so stupid." He grumbles to himself.

The enormous door opens up as his children walks in and does their courtesy of bowing before they took their seats on beside next to him. The crown prince on his right, the second prince on his left.

After figuring his mistakes, Minho lost his appetite and so he then says. "You kids eat first, let me just close my eyes for a few moments." Minho wanted to see more of the Emperor's memories and to do that he must closed his eyes and watch those memories like watching videos on his cellphone back in his previous world. Minho wanted to make sure and tries to memorize what the Emperor usually responds on things so he wouldn't mistakenly cause another misunderstanding.

The crown prince was confused but didn't question the Emperor's statement even though his own father is talking strangely as if they we're commoners.

Varieties of dishes we're on the table. The crown prince started to eat as the Emperor has his eyes closed and had a regular thinking face sitting straight. A strange lunch this is and Ariel doesn't want anyone to make gossips about this combination so she then ordered for everyone to leave them. As soon as everyone left with the closing door echoes Dev then asked in a whisper manner. "Why you make them leave?"

Ariel looks at their father who still had his eyes closed. She then tugs at her father's sleeve.

The Emperor got an annoyed facial expression, looking back at Ariel. "What is it?"

"Can we eat like how normal family's do?"

Dev's eyes widen for how bold his twin now talks.

The Emperor clears his throat. "Sorry, got a lot on my mind these days." The Emperor started to took a spoonful of rice inside his mouth after.

"Your Majesty, sharing those might help lessened your burden-" Before Ariel could finished her sentence the Emperor then speaks.

"I think my children are capable enough to overlook some of my workload right." He stated as if speaking to himself as he looks at the crown prince first then the second prince. "I'm assigning you two to do some of those, think of it as an early apprenticeship." The Emperor persuaded his children by his sweet smile yet they felt tormented about it. "I'll make a decree about it later, for everyone to recognize it's formality." He adds before digging back his food not letting the youngsters retort to his declaration.

After lunch he even asked the twins to accompany him to take a walk through the garden which he knew from the novel back then that this garden was made and attended by the Empress who died its beautiful figure was now maintained by the servants. The stroll is peaceful as the children we're happy to accompany their father in one of their mother's cherished place in the palace that they had heard about from the servants that also their father do adored. This day maybe strange for the crown prince liking but it is one of his best days in the palace to be with his twin and his father. This day is the longest of time his dear father had ever spent time with him and for that reason he could care less about the supposedly workload their father was going to hand him later. "This place is beautiful, right?" The Emperor stated.