Chapter 49

The Leonardo ducal household came to visit the Drukurian Empire royal palace. A banquet was made for their arrival. For the matter of introducing them first to the main and important relatives in the family branch. The Emperor had chosen such guest.

The Leonardo family had reach the palace in the early hours of the morning and was informed for tonight's banquet to happen. Louis find the Emperor's schedule perhaps full for him to get over their introduction in the family to happen immediately as for his father finds it a good thing so that they can leave by the next day with an excuse for them to do also their duties. While for Louis mother didn't give any comments and kept her silence until they reach the location of the said banquet where a eunuch lead them on a compound they had never knew. At the gateway a young child basing on his features must be a twelve year old awaits them who has alike the royal Drukurian family has a trait of silver hair introduce himself as one of the Emperor's distant relative and lead them into the banquet. Through the open field with some dragons in different sizes and colors along an enormous table and various drinks is placed for everyone to enjoy and consume is placed.

Louis then ask the silver haired  child. "What is this place?"

The child chuckles. "This is our home, my lord. Orphans and half bloodied children of the late general or any member of the royal family stays and lives in this compound an no one but with the same blood as us can enter. That is why the eunuch brought you until at the gateway."

The duke turns and look at the child. "I believe those sitting on the table, does have a higher rank in the royal family?"

The child nodded. "Emperor Azure gathered those who belong in the main branches of the family as also those who has a high rank in the Empire are basically also our relatives to meet the Leonardo ducal household as you belong to our family now."

Minho clears her throat. "Please lead us to our seats, child."

"Of course, my lady." The child enthusiastically replies.

But the said banquet silence as Prince Draco abruptly stands from his seat and has a smile on his face as he walks in fast steps and meet the duchess. "I'm glad your here now."

Minho awkwardly smiles and replies. "I'm glad to be here..., now too."

Draco's smile fades.

Louis then adds. "Your Highness, forgive my mother, for her lack of manners-"

Draco cuts him off and smirks. "Etiquettes are not needed. Only family members are here. Forget that little one." Draco turns to the duke. "May I call you Raven by then?"

Raven nods.

Draco chuckles and then adds. "You can call me Draco or Uncle but I prefer Draco since we look like we're at the same age."

Raven nods once again.

Louis was surprised for how the Drukurian royal family's reaction.

A silver haired woman walk towards them who owns such brown eyes speaks up. "Uncle Draco is warmly welcoming the newest members of the family as always. I am Larissa Klasse Drukur. The general of the western border. Pleasure to meet you my nephew."

Louis bows down and stands straight up. "The pleasure is mine. A-Aunt Larissa?" He tries to asks, unsure.

The woman laughs as everyone in the banquet also did. When the laughter subsides for a few minutes only then she replies. "Yes you can call me that."

Slowly each of the said relatives introduced themselves and greeted them one by one. Louis never really expected this treatment from them he always noted the Drukurian royal family is one of the most formal and are adhering to etiquettes especially on aristocratic events. Yet when it comes to family gatherings they tend to abandon those things entirely. Although they have some restraints when it comes to such manner less culture cannot be applied to the Emperor.