Chapter 18

The second prince takes a walk around his palace trying to ease his worries about his brother's strong affection for he presumes to be a straight man. A familiar figure in the shadows caught his attention as he then kneels down.

The man emerges from the shadows wearing his black robes his hair flowing freely under the moonlight the silver hair shines much like the second prince hair also.

"Are your knights not enough for you to roam around this evening?" Emperor Azure sighs.

"No your Majesty. I was just taking a small walk to clear my head but your Majesty why haven't you told me your visit in my residence-" Prince Rubius cuts himself off as he tries to connect the dots. His eldest brother came from the path where Minho's chamber resides. "It's late your Majesty and it isn't suitable for you to come to someone's chambers without permission. If you'd ask me, my knights might thought your a thief."

The Emperor scoffs. "He's asleep, I wanted to check up on him. Before I took a rest." Azure swiftly give his answer for his unaware brother of what he had really done.

The second prince narrowed his eyes in his brother's words. "Please leave discreetly your Majesty, in my residence. My servants and knights does keep their mouth shut and eyes closed only to give me the truth but from those outside, I doubt everyone can keep their envy in silence with your favor on gracing my palace with your presence frequently that they might take a serious look here on what I am keeping."

The Emperor clicked his tongue. "I see, I will keep a proper amount of distance from now on."

Ariel felt nervous and excited at the same time for she and her dear brother will finally meet again. She patiently waited alone at the receiving hall of the mansion. The person she was waiting finally entered the room. Ariel got on her knees showing respect. He ordered his servants to wait for him outside as soon as the doors closed. Ariel stood straight not waiting for anymore words to leave put his mouth. Their blue eyes meet and they both crack a smile. She gives a run for it and jump at him. He catches her and laugh his head off. Nestling his face on the crook of her neck. They held on each other for quite a while before pulling away. Smiles on their faces are plastered. She began to speak. "I'm so glad, Dev. gods I miss you."

"I miss you too." He paused. "What do you do now?, do you study or make cross stitches on your spare time? Since your staying with the old woman." He jokes.

She let out a laugh. "Foolish, I'm home schooled, grandma's nice to me don't make fun of her."

Dev snorted. "She isn't that nice to me whenever we meet on court meetings. Anyway I was informed your her adopted daughter."

Ariel nodded. "Have you met father yet?"

Dev nods as he gestures for Ariel to walk towards the couch and get them to sit.

The two took a sit closely sitting beside one another. "We did meet yet he is in a difficult situation. I understand his reasons and explanation to reach such predicament but I just can't believe he'd be with Azure again."

Ariel sighs. "I understand, Ryoto sent a pigeon for me before, the letter foretells of their current residence and how is father doing."

Dev turns to face his twin and gave her a smile. "You look more beautiful with your hair this long."

Ariel chuckles. "Thank you your Majesty, you look handsome too."

Dev throw his head back and laugh. "Any boy courting you or you already have a lover?, That I should know as your twin. I should see to it, my dear sister receives only nothing but perfection."

"I don't have any of that, seriously how could I have any of that when I always worry for father and you."

Dev shakes his head disapprovingly. "Get a happy life Ariel." He advised, voice calm. "Have a happy life, you deserve it."