Chapter 41

"Who's that person on the portrait?" [A/N: Draco's elder brother above. All pictures not mine credits goes to the owner.] One of the young nobles just like the same age of Crown prince Nicholas attended the tea party her mother held although the youngster are being entertained by one of the young genius scholars. The young teen was tasked to show the young nobles and aristocrats around at the royal temple where it contains large portraits of royal family members. The youngsters we're given a rare opportunity for the so called tour around with the Emperor's permission so that young leaders will know how to appreciate and learn what the Imperial royal family has been in service for this Empire to prosper.

The young scholar then answered looking at the dignified preserved old portrait. "That is his royal Majesty Emperor Zryan Crystian Von Drukur the first."

Another youngsters raised their hand up. "Good sir, I see all the Emperor's has the same hair color are they related?"

The teen answered with a smile. "Yes they are bound with the same blood young lord." Another hand was raised again. "Yes, how may I be of help young lord?"

"My father is a duke but my cousin whom my father's sister. My aunt married a silver haired man. He doesn't speak much and like these portraits he has a serious look on him. Is it possible my Aunt married one of the Emperor's relatives-"

The child wasn't able to finish his sentence when General Marcus walks in and speaks up. "Your Duke Alexander's son yes?"

The child meekly nods his head as the other steps back away from him, they felt afraid at Marcus. "Your Aunt is Lady Rayne Hillsboro?"

The child nods again, adding. "Are you a relative of the Emperor sir?-"

Marcus kneels down to look at the child eye to eye . "Indeed." Marcus gave the young lord a friendly smile. The child blushes as the other children we're now looking at Marcus as if a man who owns the candy shop. "I am General Marcus Lucas Dov El Drukur, pleasure to meet you, young lord."

The teen scholar was startled for this behavior, the ever strict General was truly sweet with children proving the gossips true. "I am Thomas Ezekiel Hillsboro first son of the western duke Drukurian Empire. The honor is mine general." The child answered now looking at Marcus with a smile before slightly bowing his head.

Marcus bows back as well and smiled. "To answer your question lord Hillsboro, your Aunt married a distant cousin of our's that is also a relative of his Majesty, Emperor Azure. Marquis Kenleon Renald Mer Drukur. I attended their wedding last year and I saw you there though I didn't bother to attend the reception for I must tend to my Imperial duties." He shifted his eyes back at the rest of the young crowd. "Living as an aristocrat and nobles we have the responsibility to help serve the Emperor regarding on taking care of the Empire's people, just like I do."

Another child then says. "I want to be friends with General!, you are so cool!"

Marcus chuckles before replying. "I can be your friend as long as you serve the Emperor and the people of this Empire."

Standing by the door way Draco smirks as Prince Rubius stands beside him along Prince Raymond. "Marcus is smart to be friend those little pawns from the greedy households."

Prince Rubius then adds. "Marcus strategy is effective Imperial uncle. Last month the corrupt Earl at the eastern border was proven guilty thanks for his son who attested and idolized Imperial cousin. Befriending the younger generations are key to cleanse the old and improved the stability of these fractions to pledge loyalty not only for the Emperor but to do what is beneficial for the peoples Empire as well."

Draco nods. "True." He paused and put up a smile turning to the both of them. "Then we might as well befriend those children so we can ensure the future of our Empire." He was about to walk on Marcus direction when a voice stops him.