Arc II. Chapter 34

{A/N: Thank you for everyone who are reading this book anyway don't forget to leave a comment and vote! 😁}

Marcus finally received back the handkerchief in good condition without stains. He felt relieved to be able to keep the handkerchief again. He then thought of the young girl who he sees just like his sister who has lived in difficult circumstances.

Hideyoshi bumps their shoulders together.
"What are you thinking?"

They are having a picnic in Hideyoshi's palace as they sat beside one another. Hideyoshi's son is busily talking about his recent adventures at school to Marcus sister, Rhian. Who laughs every now and then for what Hideyoshi's son, Hanzu was muttering.

"I pity the girl. I am engaged to." Marcus answered.

"Marcus-"

"I know what your going to say but I can't cut off the engagement that easily." Marcus chuckles.

Hideyoshi snorted before sipping his tea. "I understand your such a kind soul to offer help but-"

Marcus shakes his head and burst out laughing cutting off Hideyoshi. After his laughter subsides he turns to look at Hideyoshi and smirk. "I was never a saint, Imperial cousin have you forgotten?"

Princess Tria screams stops as a baby cries inside the room just as Prince Rubius arrived near the door behind him stands Ryoto who had also arrived from the long journey.

Princess Tria chuckles in joy as the wet nurse announced. "Your Highness birthed a healthy male heir."

Arc II.

"Carlisle will definitely like my present more than you do." Remus boasted after taking a sip of his wine.

"My present-" The fourth prince Raymond couldn't finish his sentence as Minho quipped.

"Shut it you two, I can't hear Azure's closing remarks." Minho hissed standing between the two siblings.

Princess Tria softly giggles standing in front of them. Beside her stands her husband the second prince who is clearly annoyed but tries to calm his face to pretend everything is fine.

Hideyoshi wanted to kicked his younger brother's asses for the matter as all eyes we're on them. The royal family celebrating the 32nd birthday of their youngest brother as of currently their Emperor, their eldest brother is giving a speech greeting Carlisle and thanking everyone who came to this day. Famous personalities, nobles from different regions and Kingdom's arrived joing the celebration and even though the Emperor of the Aiden Empire couldn't go to the celebration in behalf to represent him arrived the generals fiancée who is an adopted daughter of the Aiden Emperor's grandmother side of the family Lady Ariel Drim Heather. From the very start of the event Marcus green eyes tried to find the familiar face on the crowd but still he wasn't able to find her. Marcus grew a bit worried did the kid get in to trouble perhaps.

Azure had finished his speech, hands we're clapping, the music started as food was served while others started to dance first trying to build connections in the high society than to eat first.

Azure walk towards Minho and smiled. Minho smiled back seemingly proud hearing his speech. Minho then encouraged the royal family members to eat first before attending other task. From the outsiders perspective Minho might just seem to be a close secretary of the first princess towards the royal family but all the servants and knights especially ministers knew how much more of an importance Minho is in this family. He has proven himself worthy through the seven years of living with them. The ministers are in awe of his high intelligence and even persuaded just last week the Emperor to seal his relationship for real with Minho before he could leave the Empire. The ministers didn't bother Azure anymore for more heirs as after the first princess gave birth the said child was named crown prince immediately by the Emperor himself. He even declared that the children his second Imperial brother produce will be automatically in the line of his succession. The said child, now seven years old named Nicholas Lance Reno El Drukur, the crown prince of the Drukurian Empire. Nicholas may act old than his age at times blame it for taking etiquette classes and always hanging out with the senior royals than the younger one's.

Marcus excuses himself to Minho as he says his concern, Minho let's him be saying. "Your being too worrisome Marcus, Ariel is just around the corner. She won't be late."

Marcus walk passed the dance floor when suddenly a hand grab his arm forcefully. He turns to meet the familiar blue eyes this time. "Your already here and you didn't-"

"I wanted to surprise you!, surprise my friend!" She laughs.

Marcus sighs. "Such a kid."

She removes her hand on his arm and crossed her arms on her chest as she scoffs. "Excuse me, I'm already 21, I'm a lady, an adult." She paused. "Besides it was fun to see you act like a mother hen, Marcus." She smirks.

Marcus shakes his head but offered his arm. "Come on, I'm sure you got hungry kid-"

Ariel chuckles, she took Marcus hand and drag him into the dance floor, a slow melody started to tune. Ariel smirks as she started to step closer towards Marcus. Marcus of course must up hold in the high standards of the society and cooperate to dance with her. He took a hold on Ariel's waist, lifting her up as she held on his shoulders, her feet soon touch the ground after Marcus twirled her twice. Her back leans on his muscled chest that she could feel through the fabric. His hands securely placed on her waist. He leans in down as their height had a huge difference. "Come on, I'd already dance with you, let's go." He whispered in her ear, sending shivers to her spine that she had tried so hard to not notice. For the guest views the two engaged couple in the naked eye may seem too fond of one another. Yet all of the said scene was just an another childish antic from Ariel's part in Marcus point of view.

Across the room instead of eating the dishes, the adults of the royal family members eyes focused on the said engaged couple. "Are they both sure?, they said they're calling it off next year, because for me... it seems they are definitely a good match." Princess Tria whispered to her husband who looks also doubtful.

Remus and his wife we're also gossiping about the matter with Hideyoshi's wife, Tatsuo.

Azure then turns to Minho. "You sure they both will cancel the engagement next year, the two look lovely."

Minho nodded. "Ariel told me so."

Ariel turns to face Marcus their faces inches apart, a pink aura surrounds them in everyone's perspective. Ariel nodded. "Let's go, I'm hungry now." She smiled.

Marcus pulls away his stoic face nodded in agreement.

Azure shakes his head looking at the engaged couple. "I doubt your daughter's decision will change somehow as from what I can see."

"Marcus and Ariel are great actors, my angel." Minho chuckles.

Azure shakes his head in disagreement.

The lovely engaged couple walk beside one another towards the long table where the royal family members are sitting. Marcus pulls a chair for Ariel to sit just beside he's. Ariel thanked him quietly. All eyes we're on them yet as if they we're in their own world. Marcus continues to assist Ariel cutting her served plate of steak into bite sized. Ariel thanked him again Marcus barely nodded. Ariel started to eat as Marcus looks at everyone on the table. Everyone opted to look busy right away. Marcus shakes his head. He turns to check Ariel eating enthusiastically. His lips curls up into a smile that everyone in the table noticed. The subtle reaction of this man in frot of them get his family members worried for the woman he is engaged to, Marcus never shown this reaction to anyone especially those who aren't a part of the family.

"I doubt he will cancel the engagement." Raymond whispered to Remus wife who nodded in agreement.