Chapter 3

Today a lot of changes was made instead of the Emperor taking visits outside the military camps or to check the progress of the government projects the crown prince does them.

Today at the throne room meeting the crown prince and the second prince was present standing at the right side of the Emperor who sits on his golden throne while each minister reports problems and progress in the Empire.

The Emperor barely speaks at the meeting with a usual phrase. 'I'll approve of your proposal if my children see it fit enough.'

Everyone there was flabbergasted at how sudden this way happened, for the Emperor to seem to favor now his children's opinions.

After the meeting the Emperor went directly back at his room telling specifically not one to bother him due to Ryoto.

Ryoto reported to Minho every information that was gathered about the questionable woman in his room.

Minho pursed his lips. "Tell Andrew to invite the northern dutchess here, I want to see her myself."

Ryoto bows his head back. "Yes your Majesty."

Minho felt uneasy he died once and he doesn't want anyone to ruin his one shot chance to be in paradise just because of a potential hidden villain in this novel who is also possibly a suspect for the future Ariel's death.

A sigh escapes from his lips. All this drama is too much for an office worker like him.

The crown prince is full of energy doing his new duties not showing any signs of tiredness. His dear father needs his help in ruling this soon to be Empire of his even with a broken heart. He saluted his father for bearing everything. Having two good looking children, managing the Empire with a broken heart is too overwhelming in his opinion for a six year old.

So far, knowing now how everything is being handled by their father alone was all too much work. It amazes the crown prince how perfect his father is.

General Gallagher the one who had accompanied his father upon battling the western kingdom and claimed it for the years to follow to be under his father's reign was assigned to accompany him now in every visit he must go and leave the palace. The general doesn't talk much alike his father back then.

Dev had taken the paper reports for him to reread it back at the palace. He orders one of his servants to take it to the carriage as he said his goodbye greetings to the general in charged of the military camp they are now visiting.

Dev exited the generals office as General Gallagher follows him behind, walking on the halls. The three male servants followed behind the general five steps back. Dev clears his throat. "I hope you aren't dissatisfied following me than my Imperial father, I heard your of great skills, general."

"The Emperor is my lord and I'll follow his orders. Your Highness." The general replies.

Dev smiled in satisfaction. "Imperial father is truly magnificent."

"The Emperor true that is. Your Highness."

"You we're there to witness Imperial father's skills at war, what do you think about it?, I never once saw Imperial father held a sword in the palace." The crown prince asks in curiosity.

General Gallagher carefully speaks. "Your Highness didn’t see his Majesty use violence in the palace, surprised me."

Dev stops from walking abruptly turning to face the general who was six feet taller than his six year old height of a child. "I never did, general. I only see Imperial father attending paperworks."

General Gallagher was surprised for this information it seems the sadistic nature of his Majesty was hidden for his children. The royal he had served at war bathed in blood without remorse or regret in killing man, woman nor child when they claimed the western kingdom back then. General Gallagher followed the young Emperor with such loyalty in modern times he could be labeled as a true fanboy for his Majesty. He was one of the rare generals in the Empire who can freely enter the palace without any form of request upon entering. The Emperor gave him this reward for his usefulness during that battle back then, to be able to stand by his side even though everyone died, for General Gallagher he was just lucky that before he supposedly die out the battlefield the reinforcement came. "Your Highness, I supposed seeing his Majesty doing paperworks is better." He paused, choosing his words carefully. "Your Highness is still young, His Majesty's decision to not let you see violence is to ensure you enjoy your childhood."