Chapter 40

Ariel stayed in the secluded part of the compound along with Fehér alone. Marcus left her as for some urgent matter apparently.

The dragon liked her patting its side of the head. A ferocious beast acting as if a cat. Ariel giggles yet it soon ceased for a voice interrupted her. "I believe you shouldn't be allowed here my lady?" The man was wearing an elegant expensive piece of fabric with his sharp red eyes, pale skin and silver hair that clearly screams he is a relative of Marcus. But Ariel can't distinguish his place in the line of throne. Ariel attended every party that she sure had met every high ranking relative Marcus had except for this one. She's sure though for his stance he is among those high ranks but honestly not knowing where he is placed. A fresh face a face she deemed to be aging alike the Emperor's younger brother's.

The man take long strides to reach her and took a hold of her hand before smirking. "The lady has ill intentions for my family, I see."

Ariel's eyes widen, she tries to take her hand away from his grasp but the his grip was to strong.

"How about I give you something to remember not to ever cross nor ever thinking of." The said man suddenly took out a fine pin from his sleeves before pricking her. She suddenly felt weak. The man immediately hides the pin back on his sleeves before he took a hold of her waist. She wasn't able to protest for such action as her body went numb.
The man decided to gingerly lay her down the grass. He smirks. "A beautiful lady owning such beautiful blue eyes deserve a blessing, wouldn't you say."

Ariel's heart beats faster, scared for herself.

Ariel wanted to scream for help but none came out, tears slowly falls down her eyes. Dragons suddenly gathered around them as the man talks in a different language before he took off his upper clothing.

Minho feels something a miss. He feels so bothered that he can't stay still sitting at the dinning area.

Azure patted his hand on the table gently. "You all right?"

"No."

"Is it-"

The doors open and soon the guest of the day arrived looking fresh from having a bath and changed of clothes.

The Emperor's siblings and their wives accompanied them. While the few unmarried relative living in the palace is present on the table Marcus and Rhian was at the table.

The man smiled before he then speaks up as he took a sit. "I'm glad everyone is present in this fine evening." He cheerily states before he suddenly took a hold of the glass that contains wine on it and throws it rashly behind him making Minho furrowed his brows. His voice raised as he yells out in anger. He narrowed his eyes at Carlisle. "I expected you'd be better but you've gone astray, I'm disappointed Carlisle." He venomously spat. "The least you could do is taken a noble not some commoners as your boy toy."

He stands up from his seat.

Minho was confused how everyone acted all calm with what is going on. How even Azure tolerate this supposedly uncle do this.

The man stops and held Rhian's seat. He slowly took a hold of Rhian's right hand and smirks. "Little Rhian is at least being useful for this family." He gently tapped the top of her hand before letting it go.

He continued to walk on this long table and reach where Azure and Minho was seated. He gave Azure a smile. "Imbeciles in this family are not to be tolerated."

Azure gave him a nod before he then speaks up. "I'll station Carlisle to lead the East border on guard, worry not uncle."

The man sighs, shaking his head. "Azure you have such a soft spot for your siblings it makes me worried."

"Can we start the dinner now, I'm sure if father was here he would have not let you ramble on without an empty stomach." Azure countered casually.

"I agree, your father is such a good man. He was the kindest Emperor in history." He turns to look at Minho. "Such beautiful eyes you have dear and I'm sure you will thank me for disciplining your daughter."

Minho's eyes widen.

A table knife was thown but Azure's uncle simply dodged it. Marcus was the one who throws it as he stood up from his seat. "What did you do to Ariel?" He firmly ask in a calm voice.

"I didn't touch her, but I bet she thinks I did." The man chuckles before he stared at Marcus. "I thought you'd be more guarded when it comes to strangers Marcus." He paused. "The woman was plotting something ill in this family. Once you get married. I suggest you take her away from the capital and live at the northern territories." He sighs. "The woman is with the Imperial physician. I had given the antidote for her paralysis. You can even let the physician check her purity that I had not broken it. By the way scaring her is worth it for her not to do such rash decisions. One more thing get her pregnant the sooner and don't teach her especially the old Drukurian language." He takes steps to reach his seat and take a sit on it cutting the steak on his plate in perfection. He took a bite on one of the bite size he has cut. He smiles in gleee. "I'd like to meet tomorrow Nicholas." He shifted his eyes at the second prince.

Rubius bows his head and responded. "As you wish uncle."

The man nods as he continued to eat as if nothing has happened.

Minho couldn't take it. He got up from his seat and marches to the said man. He grabs his upper robes roughly before throwing a hard punch. The man was on the ground the side of his lip is already bleeding. "No one can ever discipline my children but I!" Minho yells in anger. Minho placed his foot on his stomach. His blue eyes full of hatred. "Slowly and painfully as you dared to hurt my child-"

Minho felt a hand on his waist. He turns to see Azure standing behind him. "I'd like to see you do that but your daughter needs you right now. Let us meet her."

Minho breathes in some air before he slowly nodded his head. Letting Azure accompanied him out of the room.

Azure's uncle got up from the ground and chuckles happily. "Your elder brother is impressive in ruling. I can see he is much more deserving than any of you to be on where he is now." He looks up above the ceiling. "Cousin, you raised a perfect child to take a seat on the throne."

Ariel tried to scream but she can't. She laid on the grass as the man took off his upper robes. He spoke the language she wasn't able to understand as the dragons gathered. He gently put a hand on her cloth stomach and mumbled some words. Before he leans in and place a kiss on her forehead. He steps away from her. He again spoke the old language as the dragons blew fire at them yet strangely the man carried her princess like as some unknown force encircled to protect them from being burned by the red and orange colors of fire of various dragons. The dragons stop from spitting fire at them as he whispered something before he gave a kiss on her forehead once again. "Now you are blessed to carry the children of our family, my lady."

Ariel wakes up in the familiar infirmary room. Just as she was catching her breath. The door bursted open as her father rushes and embraces her tight. "My daughter, please tell father. Did that man-"

Ariel pulls away from the embrace shaking her head. "He didn't... father..." Ariel shifted her gaze at the Emperor who closed the door behind him and turned to look at Ariel.

"Your Majesty... He ... we ... the dragons spat fire at us but he and I didn't burn..." Ariel says.

Minho didn't understand what his daughter was rambling on.

Azure sighs as he then answered. "Only those who marry the heir and becomes the next Emperor will be given that ritual, It seems my uncle truly see you marry one of ours as his gift to have foresight of pieces in the past and future. He gave you such ritual besides that he has put a stamped and a mark for your destiny to only have a child from our family."

Ariel's plans completely shatters for the information.