Chapter 32

Minho was truly amazed at the said compound it was very well designed a lot of silver haired youngsters we're living in as a few woman that he came to know we're widowed wives of either a general or a low born warrior that belongs to the paternal side of Azure's family. He was informed of the situation and origins some of the people here as he waited for Azure who had left to reach the far side where the dragons resides. The silver haired kids we're all talking to him freely and curious while the widowed women we're treating him as if royalty. Stating this is the first time their Emperor brought an individual unrelated to them in this compound that explains he is a trusted person for them to rely on too.

The silver haired kid who owned brown eyes then says to him. "His Majesty trust you sir, stop denying it. I saw yesterday you had rode behind Zryan with his Majesty himself." The kid paused. "Brother Marcus was even with you and second prince Rubius."

Minho rose a brow thinking perhaps that was the other ones name who accompanied them. Riding the white scaled dragon. "May I know who is this brother Marcus you say?"

The kid gasped. "You don't know sir?" The other silver haired kids looks at him in shocked, murmuring in whisper at one another.

The kid then replied. "Brother Marcus is the most awesome man in Drukur Empire!-"

"Yohan stop with your gossips." The said man appeared suddenly. He gave a slight bow at Minho who bows back in return. He approached Minho and says. "What punishment had you decided you deem for my wrong judgment Lord Minho?"

Minho awkwardly scratches the back of his neck and replies. "No punishment, Dylan already explained to me what happened besides it was my mistake to not let Sean say a word for what truly happened leading to a misunderstanding."

Marcus sighs. "We need to work on your too forgiving attitude. For you to stand by my Imperial cousin's side."

"What do you mean-"

"Your his weakness and it is my duty to protect his Majesty that includes protecting his weakness not to be exposed." Marcus tells him directly without missing a beat. "My cousin confessed to me, his deep feelings for you."

Minho's cheeks flushed red in embarrassment. "I don't know what to say."

The children surrounding them giggled in laughter hearing the conversation.

Yohan then cheers. "I'll protect lord Minho too!"

The others followed his words proclaiming they will protect him as well. Minho turned even redder for the attention of the silver haired children. He wasn't expecting this type of welcoming from everyone.

Ariane Drim Heather the late Empress mother had reach to a conclusion that through this decision perhaps it will ensure her only granddaughters life safe. "Ariel you must prepare."

"This is madness grandma your approval of getting me engaged to one of their kind is the very same thing why you and father tried to do everything-"

"There's no other way!" The old woman raised her voice cutting off the lady. "I'm not getting any younger and even if your uncles take my place as the head of this household there's not much choice we have to neutralize the crown you must do a sacrifice. Conditions have been met. You'll marry the man in paper and he gave his word of taking care of you as his first and last wife. He even sworn of not touching you unless you consented." The woman paused. "The deal is greatly to benefit you than the man himself as in their customs one must produce heirs but he had thrown that idea for the sake of your life is valuable and needed for their Empire."

Ariel grew confused.

The old woman looked at her knowingly and nods her head. "This man is too cunningly smart to know your origins as also it surprised me."