Chapter 50

"You can cry, only I can see you cry. My child the world and our positions are heavy for anyone to understand. I cannot even trust anyone but you alone. I do love your father but still the one I truly can sacrifice my life for is, for you... my dearest baby, Azure." The Empress stated as they are alone in the room.

The six year old prince Azure lays his head on his mother's lap after he had cried. It was summer and he didn't like one bit of that day to know his father is marrying another woman for power. He knows even his mother doesn't say a word. He knew his mother's heart is in pain for the news yet she calmly speaks up in court an acknowledge it without qualms.

"Remember for whatever it is, I'll be always be by your side on every decision be it foolish or wise but bare in mind I will give you an advise if I see your moving to the wrong path. No need to cry for me. I know how you feel my child." His mother adds and gave him a smile. "I know my worth for this Empire. I doubt your father could ever replace me. He can have as many allies and marriages he want. But he knows, he can never beat me." She smirks. "Now once we leave this room be the dignified prince you are for mother?"

Azure sits up beside his mother and nodded. "If I became Emperor would mother be happy?"

"Of course, I will be. Furthermore no one would dare challenged your birthright. If they do... they have to go through me first." She caressed his face and place a peck on his cheek. Azure feels happy for the small gesture that his mother rarely does. "Let's go and eat lunch now?"

Azure chuckles nodding his head and yet he ask in curiosity. "Mother what do you mean by father could never replace you?"

His mother chuckles. "Little Azure, if I weren't born a woman. Your mother would've sit the throne... perhaps we have our laws for equality in this Empire but for some greedy people in the palace.... they try to pull some strings you see. My son be very careful for the faces who are so kind to you... usually in the palace their the ones who won't hesitate to stab you in the back." She sighs. "Now come along, Jiro must be tired of waiting for us outside."

Prince Azure pouts he doesn't really like his mother's eunuch named Jiro. Jiro is really dependable and he wants that position for his mother to depend on him.

Azure woke up in the middle of the night. Tonight he had sleep beside his mother instead of his own room. His mother let him to give comfort for his feelings of pity for the situation his mother is in. His father remarrying again. Beside him is empty as he hoped off the bed he wonders where could his mother be. He got out of the bedroom as the knights bows at him by the door. Jiro bows also and says. "Her Highness told me to keep you here, she'll be back shortly. His Majesty wanted to have a chat with her earlier."

Azure snorted. "You stay here instead, do not follow me. I need to talk to my Imperial mother and father alone." Azure hastily walk fast and decided to find his mother and father by himself.

He rushed to see them by the end of the hallway. He was about to approach them yet he decided to hide and listened to their conversation.

"Why we're you like that?!, why won't you say a word of being against the idea of me marrying another woman!" His father's voice clearly in rage of anger.

"If I say I'm against it will you stop the marriage?" His mother's voice calmly counters.

"I could've... If you just say the word... why are you like this Rafaella?, You used to love me so..., why have you gone cold?, I will do anything it is to fix us-" His father's pleading deafeted statements were cut off by his mother.

"My love for you grew unrepairable when I was informed of you planning to kill our child because of my weakness that time. I'm glad I gave birth to him without your help." His mother's tone cold.