Chapter 46

"This is the worst that could happen but my apologies duke and lord Louis. The northern duchess cannot remember anything even her own name. I had run tests and it shows she is not lying her illness either." The physician reported as they stand outside the shared bedroom of the duke and duchess. Currently the duchess is inside sitting there alone.

The duke waves his hand as Louis then goes away with  physician. The duke decided to walk inside the room. Soon his green eyes and ocean blue eyes meet. He approaches his wife and took a sit beside her. "We are husband and wife and the young man earlier is our son."

Minho nods his head. "All right but I cannot remember anything so how will things works out then?"

The duke sighs and replies. "I don't know yet but we cannot let you out of the household with your vulnerable state-"

"The doctor told me to look around the things for that will help me perhaps remember." She cuts him off. "Besides even if I cannot remember who I am. I do remember that you said I am not your prisoner but your wife."

He nods his head and slowly took her hands and held it cautiously. "Wife... please understand-"

"I know you are in a difficult position but trust me."

Two days passed upon close observation. The duchess etiquettes are polished it seems in that department her memories are sharp yet when it comes to navigating direction inside the ducal household. The duke given her space as an adjustment they share a room together yet the duke sticks on the right side of the edge of the bed for their sleeping arrangements. He does not want to rush things with his wife. He is a patient man. He cares for her greatly. Minho observed that and it didn't set well with him. This situation and behavior is not what he is expecting from the duke. Minho also noticed how the young man who he know now is his son does bought gifts to him every now and then and acts as if a child to get his attention. Minho tries to tolerate it yet as for the adjustments in this new vessel. Minho feels odd to become a woman. He does find it tiring with clothes too. But he is thankful with the ducal maid servants who helps him everyday in bathing and dressing up as a high ranking noble woman.

Minho grew accustomed to the rough household of the Drukurian royal family that he finds the ducal household too soft.

Natasha Irefire D' Leonardo her ocean blue eyes and blonde hair gifted with a beautiful face and has a regal aura. Minho looked at the mirror surely many had desired to marry her and yet she chose the northern duke. Green eyes, has a dark as a night hair and has a cold personality as from what Minho could see for how could any husband treat his wife like this? He acts as if their roommates in a university after knowing her situation. Sure everyone is treating her warmly yet there is something about the dukes actions that she barely feels not that welcome. Minho misses Azure greatly. His mind wonders how the other is coping for his absence. He is curious also for what caused Emperor Gemini's body to deteriorate. A sigh escapes his lips.

He looks up the sky. "Azure I pray you to heal at my departure." Tears slowly cascades down the duchess eyes. Minho couldn't stop it. This life is too cruel for him to live as when he finally finds a home in this place he must leave. Azure is his home and with now living in the northern duchess body he must throw those thoughts away and focus on his goal that he had once forgotten. He must do it right and finish everything for the sake of everyone besides this sacrifice will be not only beneficial for them but also for him. Minho comfort himself, he let out all the tears left as after he must stand up from this heartache and accept the fact that he is now the northern duchess.

The Drukurian Empire is wearing white clothes. In mourning for the Emperor's loyal advisor and lover Lord Minho died yesterday for having a heart failure. There was no foul play, no poison or whatsoever. He is now placed inside a coffin as prayers we're offered to him before his coffin is being paraded inside the palace and stopping for a few minutes at the places inside the palace where he usually would stay. The Emperor not once shed a tear after crying on the day he left the land of the living. He is fairly composed and calm. His family members we're worried for this but didn't dare to ask him yet Ariel did and he answered with a smile saying. "Minho is at peace now, I had given all my heart to him. We both know he wouldn't want me crying. He wants me to live my life and take care of everything precious to him that includes you. Ariel."