Chapter 9

The carpenter's in the village aren't that busy when they came back. Their routine consists of Ryo and Sean going out to tend to the customers who needed their services. Dylan watching over the tool shop. Minho at the back carving out some new figure on the marbled stone Ryoto purchased yesterday.

Dylan felt bored sitting at the front of their shop waiting for any potential customers passing through their shop. Dylan looks back through his last week adventure at the palace. Yes it's been a week after they left the all too familiar place for him. They are on sale for a week now. Their tools made are now selled in a cheap price as what Ryoto had planned by the end of next week they will permanently leaving this village.

But Dylan doesn't get why Ryoto bother to buy those pricey stones for his Majesty to get busy on carving when they will be leaving soon.

A young girl wearing silk clothes walks in their shop. She beams him a smile as a man looking as if her servant somehow for his clothing follows behind her. "I heard your tools are absolutely finely made and now selled in a cheap price, kind sir." She mused, adjusting the cloak she is wearing.

Dylan smiled. "Yes young lady."

She chuckles taking off her cloak covering her head. Dylan looks at the young girl carefully. Familiar blue eyes, her inked long hair flowing down ending hear her abdominal area. Dylan furrowed his brows.

"Dylan, where's father?" She asked.

Dylan's eyes widen,finally recognizing the person in front of him. He bows his head down. "Your Highness, it's been a long time that you haven't visited."

She giggles. "Grandmother shipped me to study outside the Empire for three years. Raise up Dylan."

Dylan stands straight back again. "Oh, that explains."

"Yes, I go to focus studying more to get quickly leave there, you know how Grandmother is." She adds.

"He's at the back, carving another masterpiece." Dylan stated.

The young girl nodded. "This is Charles, grandma's skilled servant. Charles this is Dylan, get yourself comfortable." She instructed. "Well I'm heading back there. Hmm, well help Dylan out, if he need anything. I'm off." She then rushed to make her way at the back leaving the two behind.

Charles awkwardly beams a smile at Dylan who smiled back.

Minho is carving out perfectly Dev's face. He smiled in satisfaction as he steps back and look at his work. The big chunk of marble block so far has Dev's face on top.

Ariel made her presence known as she slams the door open and announced. "I'm back!" She tackles to jump on Minho's back, good thing Minho got fast reflexes to keep her steady whilst choking by her arms on his neck.

She got off him immediately after hearing him in a fit of cough. Minho turns to face his daughter and flick a hand on her forehead, not that strong enough to hurt her though as he then says. "Where have you gone for the last three years missy?"

She chuckles, rubbing the small red mark on her forehead now. "Grandmother want me to study overseas. I did everything well to graduate sooner and visit you."

Minho smiles, this daughter's of him. Reminded him so much of his sister.

Ariel turns to look at the block of marble in front of them as Dev's face is being carved on it. She recognize this face for she always get updated paintings from Charles and information of how her twin was doing. "Why did you do this?" She points at the figure.

"We'll we met again last week, I'm sure your grandma told you so, she got a lot of eyes in the palace." Minho replies.

The fourteen years old girl nodded. It is true the Empress side of the family and head of clan which is Ariel's Grandmother basically has strong alliance with the people working in the Emperor's government to fight off those from the opposition. The old woman might look fragile in the naked eye but never be deceive for she's much stronger then those ministers combined. "She did told me about it and that's why I'm here. She got a message for you."