chapter 1 part 5

Out of nowhere, a mass of spiritual pressure appeared behind them, Lianna jumped up and faced it, as did Ichigo. It was the same soul reaper that tried to kill her all those years ago! He had many, many scars from when Lianna first released her Bankai and attacked him.

"Lianna Shadisuke, you are supposed to be dead," He spoke with a smirk on his face. Lianna put a hand on her sword, ready to fight.

"Oh, are you sure you want to do that?" The man spread his arms and so many more soul reapers appeared behind him, Ichigo, Lianna, and Byakuya were severely outnumbered...

"I'm sure we can take them! Lianna, we also have bankai, and with all 3 of ours combined, we can defeat them!" Ichigo whispered to Lianna, who thought for a minute.

"Okay, but don't die," Lianna said, it was the first time she had said something like that to someone since her home was attacked. Ichigo nodded and grabbed his sword, Byakuya also put a hand on his. All at once, their blades were drawn, facing towards the enemy soul reapers. Ichigo released his bankai, along with Lianna, who again changed into the great dragon. Byakuya held his sword up dropped it, and said:

"Senbonzakura... Kageyoshi," There was a brief moment before millions and millions of cherry blossom blades surrounded us. Byakuya then attacked the soul reapers swiftly, Ichigo ran in and started slicing down a few too. The leader of them jumped away and faced Lianna.

"You really think THAT will kill me? If it didn't the first time, it won't this time," The man drew his own blade, releasing it's own powers. Instead of him being shapeshifted, he controlled a giant dragon made of shadows. Lianna then realized who he was..Nihio Shadisuke. He had trained Lianna and her family on their abilities. She remembered how Nihio always got jelouse because he didn't gain the shapeshifting Zanpakutō'.

Lianna glared at Nihio with her red dragon eyes, which burned with rage and hate. Nihio's shadow dragon roared and charged, Lianna had little time to react. She blasted fire towards the shadow but it absorbed the flames, making it charge faster. The beast latched it's teeth onto Lianna's dragon neck. Trying to shake it off, Lianna rose into the air. When she glanced down, all the foot-soldier soul reapers were dead, the only one that was left was Nihio.

Ichigo appeared on Lianna's back, using getsuga tensho on the shadow dragon. It let go, but it flew in front of Lianna. Ichigo stood on Lianna's back as she circled the shadow beast. Nihio appeared on his creation's back, and together, they let out a shadow flame. Byakuya appeared next to Ichigo and used his bankai to help counter the flames, Lianna let our red/black flames as well, pushing the shadow dragon's flames back even more. Ichigo's bankai faded, he knew Byakuya and Lianna could handle it. Once Lianna's flames and Byakuya's blades hit the shadow dragon, they hit Nihio. The shadow dragon went down, followed by Nihio, who stood in the air, just barely.

"Nihio... Leave now. I do not WANT to kill you but I will," Lianna spoke to him. Nihio scoffed.

"I will not. How could someone like you get a Zanpakutō as special as that! I was the one who was supposed to get it!" Nihio hollered, he held his own Zanpakutō, which was broken and chipped. Pieces of the blade were on the ground below them.

"The Zanpakutō chooses the soul reaper. You had no word in what Zanpakutō you were going to recieve, it is molded off of your Spiritual energy and yours turned out to be that," Lianna landed heavily on the ground, Nihio landed in front of them, on his knees.

"I..I will go. Under one condition... Take me on a flight," Nihio looked to Lianna, his eyes filled with tears.

"Understood," Lianna let Nihio climb onto her back, Ichigo and Byakuya stayed on just in case. Lianna lifted off, once she was high enough, she flew softly across the sky.

 Lianna lifted off, once she was high enough, she flew softly across the sky

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

(wrong dragon, but it looks like this)

Nihio held onto Lianna's spines, then letting go and spreading his arms out. Suddenly, he laid on Lianna's huge body, not moving.

"Is he dead?" Lianna continued flying.

"Yes, he was going to die no matter what," Byakuya replied, his voice wavering only a little.

"He may have been an idiot for doing what he did...But I will give him a proper closing, the closing of our clan,"Lianna landed, they put Nihio on the platform all Shadisuke family members were put on when they died. Lianna stood on the side of the platform, she shook her head and opened her jaws. She blasted her fire on Nihio. His body disappeared, it it's place there was a stone. A bright blue stone. Lianna changed to a soul reaper, picked up the stone, and buried where all the others were buried. The wind blew away the ashes, but the stone was what mattered. Lianna looked to the spot where Nihio's stone was buried, and then turned and walked to Ichigo and Byakuya.

"Let's go back to the Soul Society," Lianna led the boys to the soul society, when they got back she rested on the edge of Sōkyoku Hill. Rukia appeared by her side, sitting down next to Lianna.

"I was just told what happened. You did what you had to do," She spoke softly, gently putting a hand on Lianna's shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess."

To be continued...