Chapter 5 part 1

Lianna held the letter against her chest, eyes watering. She folded it up and put it away, standing up. Toshiro approached her.

"Alright, what's the plan?" He watched her curiously. Lianna wiped her eyes and looked up at Toshiro.

"You're asking me? Seriously?" Lianna crossed her arms, confused.

"Yes, I'm asking you. The Head Captain trusts you enough for you to make a decision, and I do too," Toshiro stood there, waiting.

"Well, um, we would want to find the cause of the sudden cold... But we can't just send people out there. It's too cold..."Lianna looked down, thinking.

"I can handle the cold. What if you and I go?" Toshiro suggested, and Lianna looked at him.

"Seriously? You'd go out there?"

"Yes, if it meant finding the reason for what is happening out there," He nodded, and Lianna agreed.

"Let's go tell the Head Captain before we head out, alright?" Lianna began walking then waited for Toshiro to catch up to her. They walked together to the Head Captain, who was discussing some things with the other captains.

"Head Captain? Captain Hitsugaya and I will be heading out to try and find why the soul society got so cold all of a sudden. Is this acceptable?" She waited respectfully for the H.C to answer.

"Yes, that is acceptable. Will you be able to keep the dome up, as well?" He replied to her question, with another question.

"Yes sir, I will be able to keep the dome up. Alright well, we are going now," Lianna nodded towards him, then walked to the center of the dome. The soul reapers around then cleared a space, wondering what was about to happen. When Toshiro stepped up to Lianna and they became bonded, she changed into the ice dragon Toshiro had been on before.

The soul reapers around the cleared spot with Lianna and Toshiro backed up, some pointing, some whispering things about it

The soul reapers around the cleared spot with Lianna and Toshiro backed up, some pointing, some whispering things about it. Lianna only glanced at them once, before Rukia ran up to her. Toshiro was already on Lianna's back, and Rukia panted from running.

"C-can I go with you? I can handle the cold!" She looked up at Toshiro with confidence in her eyes, he thought for a minute.

"Yes, alright," Toshiro finally said, and Rukia quickly climbed up Lianna's scales, positioning herself on her back. She began flying and the soul reapers stared in awe.

 She began flying and the soul reapers stared in awe

"Where to first?" Lianna spoke through her mind.

"Let's go around the soul society, and see if anything in trying to get in," Toshiro said what he thought was best, Rukia and Lianna agreed. As they flew around the edge, they saw a couple of arrancars trying to get in, one had a bow on it's back. Lianna landed behind them, and growled. They turned around, gasping when they saw Lianna.

"Who are you, and did you cause the cold?" Toshiro glared at them.

To be continued...