chapter 5 part 4

A few minutes later, an ice spike flew past Lianna's body, almost hitting her and her riders. They swayed to the left, ice spikes falling from the sky after them.

Then one appeared in front of Lianna, giving her almost no time to react. She rose quickly, the ice spike skimmed the inside of her leg, not doing too much damage. The other spikes continued to fall, and Lianna tried to turn to find who was doing it. But because of the mist that got heavier, she had little visibility. Rukia spun around, she wasn't letting her guard down. Lianna felt Toshiro's anxiety and his guard go up. He looked around, trying to get a good view. Lianna flew them up above the clouds, and the mist was gone by the time they got up there. She hovered, sniffing the air and glancing around.

"See anything?" Lianna looked back at her riders.

"No, but I sense something... It's evil and strange... And very cold," Rukia shivered, her mind racing.

"Don't worry, I'll fly you guys back to the dome and find it myself," Lianna dived down, heading towards the shadow dome.

"Lianna, just leave Rukia. I'll stay with you," Toshiro leaned over and whispered to Lianna, who was hesitant, but did as he said. Rukia reluctantly slid off Lianna's back, her face twisted with anxiety and she shivered from the cold. Toshiro flew Lianna, once again, outside the dome. They flew for about 20 minutes when Lianna started shaking. The ice spikes began falling again, some going through her wings, making it harder for Lianna to fly. She moved her wings faster, trying to stay elevated, but she was decreasing in altitude slowly. Soon, she skidded on the ground, able to walk but not fly the best. The spikes stopped falling, and a man with an icy crown on his head stepped forward from the mist.

"I see the rumors are true... A dragon lives," He said in a cold tone.

"So what if it is?" Toshiro sat with his back straight, looking over Lianna to see the man in front of them.

"Ah, a dragon-rider as well...Interesting. Know this, the dragons will be no more once I'm through," The man said in an emotionless stance, his face full of anger. His spirit was consumed with malice.

"That won't happen. With our people and this dragon we will defeat any enemy that comes our way," Toshiro's eyes watched this mysterious man closely.

"You may say that now... And was it you who took Kurai?"

"Yes, that was us. No, you will not get him back," Toshiro began getting impatient.

"You do know he is a distant descendant of the dragons, right? He doesn't have the ability to change into dragons, but he can communicate with them...He taught me some of their language..." The man looked to Lianna, and she felt his aura change to partial curiosity.

"Ao jāhor morghūljagon, zaldrīzes. Ao kostagon guarantee bona," The man spoke, his words meaning 'You will die dragon. You can guarantee that.'

The dragon bared her teeth at him, her breath heating up. The man pulled out an ice spear, knowing what she was about to do. She blasted her blue fire towards him, even though Toshiro told her not to, he couldn't stop it. The fire consumed the man, or at least they thought it did. When her fire slowed down and stopped, the man was nowhere in sight.

"I refuse to believe this. We're going back," Lianna didn't listen to a single thing that Toshiro said, she only thought as she flew to the dome. Her own rage consumed her mind. How dare they taunt her with her clan's ancient language. She landed in the shadow dome, her tail lashed around angrily.

"What is wrong with her?" Renji ran up, sensing her increasing fury. Toshiro hopped down and began explaining what had happened. After everyone understood, Lianna laid down, still bonded to Toshiro.

"Don't worry, we will make sure nothing bad happens to you," He sat against her body, calming her.

[The next day]

Lianna was unbound from Toshiro, and she was in soul reaper form again. All she could think about was what the crowned man had said the day before. The one they captured, Kurai, had escaped. No one knew how, and no one knew when. Lianna thought to herself.

"I will destroy them."

To be continued...