Chapter 5 part 3

"You might as well quit it, Kurai! She won't listen to you," Rukia glanced down at him, and he gave it one last shot.

"Nyke emagon ānogar hen zaldrīzes," meaning 'I have blood of the dragon'. Those words made Lianna panic. If he did have the blood of the dragon, then why didn't she know him? And how could an arrancar with a bow for a weapon have dragon in his blood? Lianna kept thinking as she flew, and then she flew straight into the shadow dome. Again, the soul reapers around them cleared a space, letting her land. She balanced herself on one foot, still holding Kurai Hikari in her claws. The Head Captain and all the other captains and lieutenants came up and stood in front of her.

"Who would that be?" The H.C asked, looking at the man in the dragon's claws.

"This is Kurai Hikari, one of the ones who caused the cold outside," Toshiro replied, still on Lianna. Rukia moved up and sat next to him, prepared to answer questions.

"Drop him. Captain Komamura, you are tasked with watching over him," The H.C turned and walked away, back to calm everyone down.

"Don't worry. Without me, he won't be able to exit the shadow dome," Lianna reassured Sajin, who grabbed Kurai and dragged him away.

"You won't believe what he said..." Lianna was already flying back outside the dome.

"What did he say?" Rukia asked, confused.

"Remember when he said 'Nyke emagon ānogar hen zaldrīzes'? Those words mean 'I have blood of the dragon'. And my clan was the only one ever to have dragon blood..." Lianna sniffed the air, making sure everything was safe.

"That's what he said? What's he mean he has dragon blood? And would you be related to him?" Rukia began dropping questions.

"I don't know, but if he knows the language used by the dragons and dragon-riders then he might know how we can be defeated..." Lianna spoke nervously through her mind. Because she was bonded with Toshiro, part of her emotions were reflecting off of his.

"Can you tell us, so we can try to make sure it doesn't happen?" Rukia's breath was shaky, she shivered a bit.

"Well, there is more than one way. First, bond with a dragon then work it until it dies. Second, use the large arrows from either someone's zanpakutō, a giant crossbow, or one straight from someone's hand. Third, pierce it's neck. That is pretty much it..." Lianna explained the many ways a dragon could be taken down.

"I see... Wait, look down there!" Rukia moved forward and pointed to a ravine. Lianna dived down towards it, and the ravine ended up being large enough for her to fly in it.

"What was it, Rukia?" Toshiro looked around.

"I saw a group of arrancars watching us! I know I did.."

"Let's look around, and see if there is any evidence," Toshiro urged Lianna forward, she walked not flew. They walked down the ravine, spotting some campfires and cups. But there were no arrancars. Then, they spotted a bow laying on the ground. Rukia hopped off Lianna and picked it up, examining the markings on it. They looked as though they were seals, keeping its power in somehow.

"What should we do with it?" She turned around, holding the bow up for Toshiro and Lianna to see.

"I don't know but I sense a strange power coming off of it... It seems familiar somehow," Lianna sniffed the bow, suggesting that they brought it with them.

"Sure, I mean, if they left it here then they will go looking for it. And we can catch them when they do," Toshiro helped Rukia climb onto Lianna's back again, then they flew. A few minutes later, an ice spike flew past Lianna's body, almost hitting her and her riders. They swayed to the left, ice spikes falling from the sky after them.

Then one appeared in front of Lianna, giving her almost no time to react.

To be continued...